“Fishing Experience of a Lifetime!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tower Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Tower Rock Lodge
Ranked #2 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Kenai
San Diego, California
“Fishing Experience of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The top notch guides and tenative staff made the stay at Tower Rock perfect in every measure. The food was excellent, the cabins were very clean and well appointed. The location on the river with shoreline and boat docks makes access easy. I cant say enough about the guides who were fun and very knowledgeable. Whether your a first timer or hard core fisherman you will get your fix.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
South Wales, New york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have visited TRL 5 out of the last 6 years and have yet to have a bad experience. Tower Rock Lodge is the perfect combination of quirkiness and class and exhibits nothing but the highest quality of service from the well trained guides to the kitchen staff who serves an out of this world gourmet Alaskan breakfast, lunch and dinners on daily basis without fail.

There isn't anything the owners Mike and Mark Tuhe wouldn't do to make your experience over-the-top. Tower Rock Lodge is perfect for families looking for an Alaskan experience, couples looking for a retreat, CEO's looking to get away from the "rat race", or business's looking to reward their employees for a job well done. And the best part is when all of the guests get together and sit down as a family every night at dinner to share their days experiences and you realize that you are gaining friends that you will remember for the rest of your life.

The worst part about Tower Rock Lodge is when you have to go home. But as you stare out the window of the airplane at the beautiful glaciers below and the midnight sun slowly recedes to darkness, it is nice to know that there is a little slice of heaven on earth waiting for me in Alaska when I try to escape from my hectic , everyday life. I would not even consider staying anywhere else when I fish in Alaska. Thank you Mike T. once again for an unforgettable adventure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank edward p
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just finished a fantastic week at the Tower Rock lodge! The lodge is very accomodating and will work something out to make your experience memorable. Each guide brings a different set of skills and personality to the table, but all of them are fun and serious about you catching fish. Bank fishing in front of the lodge was some of the most fun I've had fishing in my life! The guides were very dedicated to making sure we didn't want or need for anything. We fished every night until dark (12:30am) and the same guides that fished with us at 7am were out netting fish with us past midnight! The dedication the staff has to giving you the Alaskan experience of a lifetime was unbelievable! I would definitely stay here again! Thanks TRL for the most unforgettable time of my life!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Cory C
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

"My husband and I just left Tower Rock Lodge after a spectacular 4 day fishing trip. TRL exceeded all of our expectations. Specifically:
The Fishing - TRL delivers a variety of fishing experiences - based on our interests and also - where the fish were! We had a variety including river fishing for salmon, lake fishing for trout and landlocked salmon and a fly-out trip to fish and experience a flyover tour of wildlife and glaciers. There was more we could have done (halibut on the open water - we passed on that one). These guys know what they are doing and stay on top of current conditions everywhere to make the fishing the most successful.
The Food - TRL feeds you a delicious, varied, creative menu. Breakfasts are hearty yet very special (eggs Benedict with bacon and smoked salmon), lunches range from utilitarian (sandwiches, chips and snacks) to unexpectedly cool (foil wrapped salmon, rice and veggies with Thai sweet and sour sauce grilled on the banks of a lake). And the dinners were nothing short of five star! Interesting, creative, plentiful - beautifully presented. Most important to me - include a home made dessert. There were any kind of beverages (alcohol and otherwise). Anything you wanted - you just had to ask.
The Staff - Mike and Mark have assembled a team of folks that are exceptionally good at what they do and extremely service oriented - not because they are 'trained to be that way' but because they are naturally that way. Tom cooks fantastically and Alexis took care of us. Our fishing guides (Burner, Bubba and D-money) were just right - knew the fishing, attentive and friendly but could 'chill' too. And along with Mike and Mark are so clearly doing what they love - it is infectious.
The Weather - since the weather was so perfect during our entire stay - I somehow think TRL had something to do with it!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wpack
Manteca, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just returned from TRL back to Cali and relived our fabulous experience the whole trip home. This trip certainly surpassed our expectations and we are looking forward to our next visit. The customer service from the guides, kitchen staff, operations, and especially Mike Tuhy made this the trip of a lifetime for us. They really went out of their way to make my "Big" birthday trip special! The dinners and desserts were gourmet. Each day was a learning experience in "catching", the guides "coached" us well. Having halibut and sockeye fillets to bring home was an awesome bonus in addition to the spectacular photos and memories. We will certainly share our TRL recommendations with friends and acquaintances. Dave & Cathy from California

Room Tip: Loved the cabin we stayed in, it was spacious and clean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DH_FlyFisher1
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was heading to AK for work for a week and wanted to tag a day of fishing on to the end of the week. I found out I was heading up there 3 days before I left, so I gave Mike a call. He was incredible at getting everything set up, and outside of the great fishing, the meals and atmosphere around the fire pit at night is second to none.

I'm looking forward to planning a trip with Tower Rock further in advance in the future and going after some Kings.

-Andy Moore

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank asmxxiv
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I spent 14 days in Alaska in June and without a doubt the highlight of our trip was the time we spent at Tower Rock with Mike and the gang. The lodge is beautiful, the food was wonderful and all of the staff did everything they could to put and keep us in fish. They are there to assist you in everything you do and have been around long enough to know the river like the back of their hand. I have fished around the world for many different species and Tower Rock is at the top of my list of places that have to be seen to be believed.

I look forward to my next trip

Jack Tapscott
International Gamefish Representative, Tennessee since 1989

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. The place could not be better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Kenai Airport Hotel
Quality Inn Kenai
Quality Inn Kenai
#3 of 5 in Kenai
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge

Been to Tower Rock Lodge? Share your experiences!