“Awesome”
Review of Tower Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Tower Rock Lodge
Ranked #2 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Kenai
davidson,nc
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Just stayed for a week and it was great - the location was perfect for fishing and the entire staff and guides were awesome and very focused on making our experience great. Made some great new friends and hope to be back next year!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank wheelman12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 30, 2012

What a gem this place is! The facilities are clean and well appointed, the staff is fantastic and the food just outstanding! Fishing was the reason for the visit but we could easily come back for the cooking (or great company) alone. The large king salmon we caught that afternoon which their chef prepared for dinner made for a meal of a lifetime. This was a first AK visit for my girlfriend and I and although we've no experience with other facilities in the area, the Tower Rock Lodge gave us every reason to look no further upon return. It was certainly one of the highlights of our Alaska trip!

Igor & Lynsey
Cincinnati, Ohio

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Igor G
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Fantastic. Trip of a life time for me and my 71 year old dad who had always wanted to go salmon fishing in AK. Traveled from Boston, MA in mid July. We do primarily salt water fishing (cod, striped bass, blues). They guides were great, showing us what to do and we were impressed with their dedication, knowledge (can't say enough about these guys). The Tuhy's were great hosts, making us feel right at home. The food was A+ and the staff was great. The flyout was incredible, a must do for anyone who has never been (incredible scenery, tons of sockeye, and for us a very close encounter with a bear and her cubs). Tyhat said, we went for king salmon fishing on the Kenai and were not disappointed. We both caught our limit with our my dad beating me out with a 42 pounder on our last day of fishing. Almost forgot the halibut fishing which was also great, and caught our limit there too. Over all fantastic, came home with a almost a 150 lbs of filets (two airplane boxes, plus had to ship one overnight. We can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Stephen J
TowerRockLodge, Owner at Tower Rock Lodge, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
It was great fishing with your family and I remember when your dad finally got his big King he was so excited.That is probably the best thing about my job is seeing people really excited about catching big fish and taking home memories that will last a life time. Hope to see you back in Alaska soon for some more king fishing.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The Tuhy brothers know how to run a first rate lodge. The entire experience was great. The food was exceptional and unique. The lodging was comfortable, quiet and well appointed. The service was attentive and customized. And, of course, the fishing was exceptional. We launched off their dock right onto the world famous Kenai and caught our limit of silvers. We also floated down the upper Kenai and caught rainbows and dolly's that were indeed so big we didn't have to lie about them. Finally, we did a fly-out to a beautiful lake and again limited on silvers. I have been there with friends and also did a family trip with 10 year old boys and the experience was equally exceptional. Whether with buddies or family, I would highly recommend Tower Rock Lodge to anyone looking to go to Alaska to fish.

2 Thank NellieRDRtraveler
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2011

First time in Alaska so my expectations were 'a clean slate anxious for the words'. I'd found out about the TRL through the Orvis website and when conferring with my local Orvis guide (a regular guest at TRL-{thx Tucker}), the deal was done and I was ready to write! As I had no idea what to expect from a 'professional / high-end lodge', I'd say "each moment was a new turn of the page." I did anticipate someone to welcome me as I showed up within 30 minutes of my expected arrival. As a solo guest, I had some flexibility that a 'group' didn't have so Glenn was able to adjust on the fly as the travel/group/fishing dynamics ebbed. Food? Wow. Even a sophisticated gastronome would smile! A few things that did make the trip all that much better...the guides (all were knowledgable {thx Nolan!} and utterly patient - {thx Bill}), the weather (no rain!)...the solitude (TRL staff give you as much space as needed or engaged you when desired) and the guests (to the Spooner group, thanks for the advice and glad we caught our limits!) Warning, don't let the bustling and 'strip-mall / suburban' feel of Soldotna during the drive in impact your introduction to TRL...once into the woods, it's a wonderful blend of "remote" yet "accessible".

Room Tip: the 'lodge' itself is amazingly beautiful / rustic building. If you're going with a gro...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Allagashme
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Mike and Mark Tuhy hosted a great week of fishing for my father-in-law and me. They were flexible in scheduling us late in the season, even finding us a super cabin at a nearby property because their own lodge and cabins were already booked. They went out of their way to assure we had a good time on the water during every day of our stay. Our fly-out day of bank fishing for silver salmon near Kustatan and off-shore fishing for halibut were the highlights of the trip. Their boats and fishing equipment are well-maintained, and their guides know how to help you bring home your daily limit. Tower Rock Lodge supplies everything you need except a fishing license.

The food at Tower Rock deserves special mention as it was also high quality and much more interesting than what I expected from a fishing lodge. The kitchen is managed by Mark Tuhy and his wife, who used their knowledge of Thai cuisine to make every meal worth coming back for seconds.

We will be coming back to Tower Rock Lodge for the food, fishing, and fine company of the Tuhy family.

Room Tip: The main lodge was a gathering place every night. For those desiring a little more peace and quiet...
3 Thank PhilPhx
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My dad and I went to this lodge in August 2011 and had a blast. The variety of fishing is definitely a strength of TRL. Their gear is good and their boats are great. The food is amazing, one of a kind. The only warning I would offer is that you'll be doing a variety of fishing using bait, spinners, and weighted flies. That's usually a good thing, but if you're the type that never wants to touch a rod other than a fly pole, perhaps talk to Glenn about the outing structure in advance. They're all very friendly. I enjoyed catching large silvers and trout on a variety of rigs, so this wasn't a problem for me--it was a plus. Well done, TRL!

Room Tip: If you book early, you may be able to get in one of the private cabins. They're great!
2 Thank TXFisherperson
It is always a good idea to book early and the cabins seen most popular for the smaller groups whereas the big lodge works great for the family and corporate type that like to have the entire facility. Book early and we can get your group that perfect Alaska vacation that they will remember for a life time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Kenai River Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
#4 of 18 in Kenai
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge

Been to Tower Rock Lodge? Share your experiences!