“Great for business trip”

Aspen Extended Stay Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kenai
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I spent a little over a week at this property on business and found it to fit my needs very well. They kept the coffee coming in the lobby (free) and were very friendly. Very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DomCo23

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is very clean and roomy. Only things that disappointed us were we could hear noise all around the outside of our room and the bed was like sleeping on a trampoline. It has a nice little kitchen if you want to cook up a snack while staying. The great thing is that it is located a bit off the main road. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank loonalaska
Reviewed October 2, 2011

The hotel is quiet, clean, and the room are nice because they are fairly new.

Two things I don't like, the maid service is only done once a week. After day 4, I ran out of clean towels and the trash cans in the room were overflowing. Would rather pay 10 bucks a day extra for daily or at least every 3 day maid service. Wireless internet is free but is very slow for such a new place. Can't even watch a youtube video the internet is so slow.

For Kenai, AK.. it's a good place but that is just because average is good in this location....

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Craig S
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We were extremely impressed with this hotel. The rooms were very large and spacious. It had a huge refrigerator with a freezer on the top. The bathrooms were large and the rooms were very quiet. The place looks brand new!

I highly recommend this hotel. We drove all around Kenai and this was the nicest place in the entire city! Book your stay here right now!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erika N
GMKenai, General Manager at Aspen Extended Stay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Good Morning, Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful stay at our hotel. We strive to make all of our guests stays a home away from home. If there is anything else that we can do for you please do not hesistate to contact us for your future stays on the Kenai Peninsula.
Thanks, Maranda B General Manager Aspen Suites Kenai.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I was taking a fishing side trip from my business trip in Anchorage. I stayed here two nights and found it to be a great value. Room service is only once a week, however, for two nights I could live without new towels and bed sheets. The room had a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, stove, and fully stocked cooking/eating utensils. It is a fairly new hotel, so all items were new or barely used. The front desk person (Becky?) was friendly and accomodated me on my discount rate that I accidently booked. (I didn't have a government issued I.D....oops). There is a Safeway grocery store, McDonalds, and Wal-Mart all very close for supplies if needed. I found them convenient for getting my supplies to use while staying the two nights. My only complaint was the tap water was slightly tea stained. I do not know if this was due to the hotel plumbing or the local water supply being slightly colored. The tap water did not taste or smell funny,..it just had a slight weak tea look to it. I will also say the room I was in was very quiet (3rd floor). I will rebook this hotel again when I come back next year for more fishing!

Room Tip: I used tripadvisor.com..can't go wrong there.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Golfboywonder
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The room was very nice. This hotel seemed like it was brand new. They were actually in the process of painting it when we checked in. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Several times we asked them for recommendations on places to eat. They were also willing to hold our bags and camera gear for us in one of their conference rooms (locked) after we checked out while we went fishing for the day (we didn’t want to keep our stuff in the rental car). Overall, I would say the price was very fair.
Pros: Courteous, friendly, and accommodating staff, and nice rooms.
Cons: Staff can be unknowledgeable sometimes about the area, and the building is a little tricky to find.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank krmaskaly
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This property is fairly new and the accommodations are really quite nice. However, when we arrived and asked if an early check in was possible, we were met with an unnecessarily surly response from the manager. Her attitude tainted our impression of an otherwise adequate facility - actually it was rather nice by Alaskan standards. Too bad...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tn3sisters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Aspen Hotel Soldotna
#8 of 8 in Soldotna
Eagle Rock Lodge
Eagle Rock Lodge
#4 of 5 in Kenai

Been to Aspen Extended Stay Suites? Share your experiences!