“Good value, clean, and quiet.”

Aspen Extended Stay Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kenai
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good value, clean, and quiet.”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I was taking a fishing side trip from my business trip in Anchorage. I stayed here two nights and found it to be a great value. Room service is only once a week, however, for two nights I could live without new towels and bed sheets. The room had a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, stove, and fully stocked cooking/eating utensils. It is a fairly new hotel, so all items were new or barely used. The front desk person (Becky?) was friendly and accomodated me on my discount rate that I accidently booked. (I didn't have a government issued I.D....oops). There is a Safeway grocery store, McDonalds, and Wal-Mart all very close for supplies if needed. I found them convenient for getting my supplies to use while staying the two nights. My only complaint was the tap water was slightly tea stained. I do not know if this was due to the hotel plumbing or the local water supply being slightly colored. The tap water did not taste or smell funny,..it just had a slight weak tea look to it. I will also say the room I was in was very quiet (3rd floor). I will rebook this hotel again when I come back next year for more fishing!

Room Tip: I used tripadvisor.com..can't go wrong there.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Golfboywonder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Trout Creek, Montana
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Aside from initial surly greeting by the morning lady desk clerk when we stopped to ask about an early check in, all was well. Actually the morning greeter warmed up and was very nice when we stopped and ask for eating and shopping items we needed to buy for our halibut fishing trip. She was very helpful and nice. I thought her initial behavior as being very busy or maybe overworked.
Very nice, clean, spacious well designed kitchen area, bathroom, living/bedroom.
Very nice place with restaruants close by.
Very nice laundry room with TV.

Room Tip: Very nice complete kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Los Alamos, NM
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The room was very nice. This hotel seemed like it was brand new. They were actually in the process of painting it when we checked in. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Several times we asked them for recommendations on places to eat. They were also willing to hold our bags and camera gear for us in one of their conference rooms (locked) after we checked out while we went fishing for the day (we didn’t want to keep our stuff in the rental car). Overall, I would say the price was very fair.
Pros: Courteous, friendly, and accommodating staff, and nice rooms.
Cons: Staff can be unknowledgeable sometimes about the area, and the building is a little tricky to find.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank krmaskaly
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This property is fairly new and the accommodations are really quite nice. However, when we arrived and asked if an early check in was possible, we were met with an unnecessarily surly response from the manager. Her attitude tainted our impression of an otherwise adequate facility - actually it was rather nice by Alaskan standards. Too bad...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tn3sisters
Port St Lucie, FL
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We stayed 3 mights here in May 2010. It is a very nice, clean place to stay. There is a Walmart across the street that has anything you need and a Mcdonalds next door for a quick bite. The only issues we had were the knock you over fresh paint smell when you walk into the room and the brown color water. We ended up opening the window for our entire stay to keep it aired out. The paint fumes were bad. We didn't ask for another room thinking it was a hotel wide problem. The room was very clean and the hotel staff were very friendly. We filled the bathtub for a bath and discovered that the water was a brown tea color. Very discouraging. I'm sure this is not a hotel issue but what the town water supply is like. Overall we think it's one of the nicest places to stay in town. Hope the paint dries soon for their other customers. We would visit again. PS: We got a great $69 rate in season. Try booking online at the hotel's website. It can be cheaper there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank artigraphs
Heiloo, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 7, 2008

I had a nice two-night stay at the new Aspen Extended Stay Suites hotel in Kenai. Besides the Aspen in Soldotna, this must be the nicest hotel on the Kenai Peninsula. It was opened early this summer and there are still a few things in the works outside, but inside is done. The decor is all new and modern in the rooms. The furniture and carpet are very nice and the materials used in the kitchen and bathroom look great and are beautiful colors, especially the tile in the bathroom. I had a room with two queen-size beds, a full kitchen, and a bathroom. There was no desk, but a table for use while eating or while doing work. Additionally there is a chair and table next to the single, small window. Wireless internet was free.

Since this is a hotel for an extended stay there was very little interaction with staff. The rooms are only cleaned once a week during your stay. Apparently the halls are not cleaned often as there was dirt in the stairway all three days I was there. Breakfast is not served at this hotel. Coffee and tea is available at the front desk in the morning.

I bought breakfast food across the street at the grocery store and kept it in the large fridge in the kitchen. Although the hotel is new, the mattress was cheap and not very comfortable. Also, when I opened the curtain to the (small) window half of the window was still covered. and there was no sheer curtain for privacy. The windows do not (yet?) have screens on them.

3 Thank AK_biz_traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Kenai Airport Hotel
#8 of 8 in Soldotna
Eagle Rock Lodge
Eagle Rock Lodge
#5 of 5 in Kenai

Been to Aspen Extended Stay Suites? Share your experiences!