“Relaxation in the Wilds”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kasilof
Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 5 Kasilof B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I ventured to the great white (American) north in search of fish, and relaxation. I choose the bed and breakfast route, because I've seen and heard the horror stories of the lodging in Alaska. The Crooked Creek Retreat was perfect because it was near the Kasilof river, the Kenai river, and the open sea. The primary goal of my trip was to catch some of the famous salmon that run their, view some wildlife and RELAX.

The fishing: Russell Fishing Co. Inc. - Great outfit that works hand in hand with CCR. They took me to Seward, and I had the time of my life. The lunch that was packed by "Aunt Dorothy" (the care-taker of CCR) had the other people drooling in envy. I limited out, checked out some wildlife and got a tour of some glaciers on the way back in.

The relaxing: I stayed in the Moose room, which has it's own private balcony, and bathroom. The sheets were extremely high quality - Most likely better than my own set at home. The bed was comfortable, and warm. The bathroom had some huge soft towels and a large comfy robe for me to relax in. Each evening after a bath/shower I would head out to the one of the couches and either read or catch up on some emails with her wifi connection. One of my favorite points: we had a private tea/cocoa station upstairs near the room, so I didn't have to go down the stairs in the middle of the night to get something to drink.

The food: I would definitely say that this is one of the highlights of the lodge. "Aunt Dorothy" makes delicious sandwiches, steaks, appetizers, and drinks. upon arrival I was offered a drink and something to eat. The best Rueben sandwich you'll ever have for lunch. A huge juicy bbq rib-eye steak for dinner another night. Fried Alaskan gold potatoes with peppers and fresh eggs (retrieved that morning) and local sausage for breakfast another morning.

All in all, I highly recommend staying at the CCR. It was by far the nicest place I'd seen on the Kenai Peninsula, and the rooms were fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank oe800r
There are newer reviews for Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kasilof
Aspen Hotel Soldotna
Ocean Bluff Bed and Breakfast
Gallery Lodge
Gallery Lodge
#4 of 5 in Kasilof

Been to Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters? Share your experiences!