Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters
$215
Crooked Creek(Kasilof)
$50
Pitchup.com
Kenai River Lodge(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$165
$179
Aspen Hotel
Soldotna Inn(Soldotna)
$159
Best Western King Salmon Motel(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$209
Uptown Motel(Kenai)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Aspen Extended Stay Suites(Kenai)(Great Value!)
$118
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewscatch fishhalibuttop notchkasilof rivermaking sureeggs benedicteach morningprime ribfishing gearbeautiful settinggreat hospitalityamazing fishingcouple of daystheir websitefamily vacationdorothyappetizers
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about the staff here at Crooked Creek! Dorothy runs a top notch retreat and her staff is fantastic. From the moment we were picked up at the airport in Kenai we were completely taken care of. From transportation to meals to fishing excursions, all were thoroughly planned out. Accommodations were comfortable and inviting. The lodge was a perfect place to relax after catching our limits of fish and mingling with the other guests to share stories and pictures of the day. Dinner is served each evening at 5:30, don't be late! When the bell rings you are in for a treat. You will experience some of the best home cooked meals ever! Breakfast, lunch and dinner, all taken care of with the utmost of care. Our sole purpose other than spending time with family was to fish and the guides more than satisfied our every want and need. From preparing the boats and gear each morning to getting us to the best locations to fish, it's all included. Hooking a 30lb King and having it snap the line while flossing for sockeye was exciting but the fact that our guide had another rod in my hand quicker than I could even think about the one that got away! Each day with each guide we experienced similar situations. Hats off to our guides Terry, Jason, Larry and Aaron and to all of the staff that made our trip one of the most enjoyable and memorable trips of a lifetime. We look forward to planning another trip to Crooked Creek with our new found friends and would recommend them to anyone interested in experiencing the best that the Kenai Peninsula has to offer!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Brian M
Reviewed July 12, 2016

Crooked Creek Retreat is a stunningly beautiful property that overlooks the most peaceful creek. We enjoyed evenings by the fire pit getting to know some of the other guests. Staying here is like staying in someone's very nice home, though there is plenty of personal space. The rooms are large & there is a nice, fluffy robe in your closet.

The kitchen staff is friendly & the meals are delicious & varied. If you have any dietary needs/restrictions, let them know in advance since the meals appear to already be planned once you arrive. Perhaps CCR could add a printed menu for everyone to view upon arrival. Keep in mind that if you aren't fishing, the timing of the meals is based on everyone's fishing days so breakfast, for example, may be super-early, like 6:00 a.m. There is a separate kitchen (fridge, toaster, etc.) that you can use at anytime though. Your plans for the day are discussed during dinner on your first night (and your 2nd, etc. if it is someone else's 1st night). This is really more of a speech than a discussion so I would suggest that CCR change this as it doesn't allow for any sort of interaction, thus leaving the meals rather boring and somewhat awkward.

The fishing guides are highly-skilled & provide top notch service. They handle everything you need an even give direction if needed/desired. They will clean the fish, vacuum seal it & freeze it for you but you have to get it home. I would suggest that CCR add this back in as a service.

My final suggestion for CCR is to add an onsite concierge. It would be nice to have someone that is solely focused on customer service.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at CCR & would recommend it. We travel quite a bit so some suggestions are simply an effort to hone in on the details and up the level of customer service.

Room Tip: Quiet & peaceful
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JaimeInAtlanta
Reviewed July 7, 2016

My son recently graduated from high school and I had promised him a memorable trip to either Africa to hunt or to Alaska to fish.
I did as much research as I could, including using Tripadvisor, other internet sites, and talking to numerous lodges, outfitters and customers of the places I was considering.
I will tell you that my research paid off!
We had a wonderful time our week we spent in Alaska and Dorothy and her staff made us feel right at home. Her goal is for her guests to fell welcome,relaxed and to have a good time. From the beautiful 11,000 square foot lodge, to our rooms that were large, well decorated and spotless, we could not have asked for better accommodations. The food was wonderful as Angela served delicious breakfast and gourmet dinners. Each day as we left to go fish, we had a cooler packed with a great variety of food to enjoy throughout the day.
We were there between 6/19 and 6/25. The sockeye salmon were late arriving this year, but we had tremendous success after a couple of days. The halibut fishing was fantastic and an experience we will not forget. The guides at Crooked Creek are knowledgeable, professional and a lot of fun to spend the day on the water with. They truly do want you to have a good time and to have success.
All in all, we had a trip that will give us a lifetime of memories, a huge collection of photos and fishing videos and a bunch of delicious salmon and halibut to remind us of our trip.
We talked to several other fishermen from other lodges in the area and when we compared our lodge, food, price and experience, they all agreed that we had found a better deal.
If you are looking to book a fishing trip to the Kenai Peninsula, look no further than Crooked Creek Retreat. You WILL NOT be disappointed.
Karl Thomason

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank karlduck
Reviewed July 2, 2016

We (my brother & I) just got back from a week at Crooked Creek Retreat where we had a good time chasing salmon and halibut. CCR is an 11,000 sq ft lodge and the owner, Dorothy, tries to provide whatever you need to make your stay enjoyable. She truly wants to make you comfortable in her home.

The lodge is beautiful and a great place to unwind after a long day of fishing. Each room has its own bathroom and room service is provided every day. There are loft areas for reading or game playing. All your gear is provided from rods to waders to boots.

The staff is fantastic. They provided 5 star service from greeting you to fishing to packing your fish for the trip home. The guides worked hard to put us in a place to catch fish and were very willing to take people out to other places after dinner (Johnson Lake is close by). All our fish was sorted, vacuum packed and boxed for us to take home.

A special word about the chef, Angela. She greeted us with Prime Rib and sent us home with Alaska King Crab. Her food was very good and I was impressed how she went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. She even came in 2 hours early one morning to cook breakfast for a group leaving early to catch a low tide. If you had a special request, she did her best to meet it.

Dorothy plans everything for you.....from our halibut trip to the flyout. All you do is show up. The guides pick you up at the front door for local trips. All you have to do is catch fish. She has great local knowledge and can help you plan any other sightseeing you may want to do while you are there.

I disagree with the review saying the staff didn't care. Dorothy and her staff were very attentive to our every need. If we needed or wanted something, the staff tried their best to accommodate us and make our stay there a memorable one. They tailored what was going on if we had a special request.

If you go, be sure to do a fly out. It was worth the little extra (most bear trips are $600-700). We were lucky enough to see a 3 yr old Brown bear trying to catch some sockeye about 20 feet away.

This was my first trip to Alaska (and on my bucket list) and it was a memorable experience thanks to the folks at CCR.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank John S
Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

Just spent a week here. This is a beautiful place in a beautiful setting.
Sleeping rooms are very nice.
Angela is a fantastic cook. The meals are to write home about.
Larry, terry, and Jason a good guides who know what they are doing and seek to help in any way. They have new boats and good equipment.
However, if a problem with your visit should arise, don't expect the management to care.
This is a very expensive place but management doesn't handle problems well. Knowing this, I personally would probably choose another lodge next time.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank Biblethump
kasilof, Owner at Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2016

We have tried to reach out to you. Unfortunately you were blown off the salt and were here during a peak season. The weather was such that it wasn't safe and you would not have been able to stand up. When all the boats are blown off there are a lot of people who did not get out. It was impossible to get you another Halibut trip during the time you were here. Peak season Halibut seats are booked at the first of the year and are simply gone. No amount of money or calling in of favors can get a seat. We tried anyway and started looking. We looked at Deep Creek, Anchor Point, Seward and Homer. I and every staff member called everyone we could think of to get you on a boat. I spent hours on the phone trying. There were no seats available. There was nothing we could do except substitute a different trip. We cannot control the weather or the fish runs. I know you were disappointed but, it was out of our control. I know you were unhappy that I could not give you a free fly out trip to make up for missing the Halibut or refund you money but, we did substitute a trip of the same value. We work hard to take care of every need our guests have. Based on our desire to do everything we can, we have purchased a small salt boat and a Halibut permit so that, weather permitting, we can get guests out for a shallow water trip when they get blown off. I am sorry you did not find our efforts satisfactory but we truly did everything we could.