“The Alaska you dreamed about!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kasilof
Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 5 Kasilof B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Although we were to be in Alaska on business this trip, we made the relaxing drive from Anchorage to Kasilof to enjoy Crooked Creek Retreat, instead of a hotel. The lodge is ideally positioned on the Kenia Penninsula, near the famous fishing grounds of Soldotna, Homer, Anchor Point and a short trek (and beautiful drive) over to Seward. When you pull into the drive, you will notice the amount of care and attention that Auntie Dorothy, family and staff have made, on behalf of those that are lucky enough (or had the keen insight to book multiple times!) to stay at the lodge. Arrive early or arrive late, something is always waiting for you, snacks, dinner, horseshoes, fire pit, the sound of Crooked Creek, amazaing deck space or even just watching a local moose graze with her young calves. Did I forget the fishing, well that is all taken care of as well! Halibut, Salmon, Trout on the many rivers and the ocean so tell Auntie what you like and she will arrange it, if you want to try something for the first time like a fly-out to view bears or an up close look at glaciers, let her know that too. The fishing guides and lodge staff will truly take great care of you. Oh the FOOD, well you must try that for yourself! The one-stop shop with customized packagages for your stay on the Kenai Peninsula is a true "retreat" just a few miles past Soldotna, accross the Kasilof River and on the banks of Crooked Creek!

Room Tip: you can't beat the Lodge Room, unless I am in town...that is always mine.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank robert h

Reviewed December 27, 2011

A small group of us stayed here for the Tustumena Sled Dog Race is January of 2010 and we all thought it was great! "Aunt" Dorothy was a very welcoming on our arrival and wanted to make sure everything was just perfect for us. We had a very large bedroom downstairs and I couldn't believe it when I walked in to the bathroom and there were robes! Wow. Clean linens every day and a very comfy bed. Hot tub outside... she even had extra tooth brushes as one of our crew forgot theirs. There was coffee, tea and water available at all times and the food was excellent! It was the first time that I tried Eggs Benedict and she got me hooked! All meals were excellent! Very friendly, warm atmosphere... would definitely love to visit again - perhaps in the summer next time so as to do a bit of fishing. Go visit and say Hi to Aunt Dorothy and her dog Clyde. :)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We very much enjoyed our recent trip to Alaska, largely in part to the wonderful lodging. It is very well appointed Log Lodge with comfortable, clean rooms. We had the Moose room with a balcony off the back and it was perfect for us! Robert the chef is great! We will be returning next year to see the whole gang again including the wonderful owner Dorothy and her dog Clyde. Thanks guys for a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lttharder
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I was sent to Alaska for business but being an avid fisherman I wanted to get on the Kenai. A week before my trip I started researching places to stay understanding that with such a late booking I would likely not be staying in the greastest of places. I couldn't have been more wrong. I contacted Crooked Creek Retreat via email to see if a space was available and I got a response within an hour. Then I called Dorothy and booked to my two nights and a full day guided trip on the kenai.

Accomodations- 5 stars - The Lodge is perfect. The architecture fits perfectly on the slope overlooking Crooked Creek. The rooms are large with oversized windows and attached bathrooms. The bed was very comfortable.

Dining- 5 stars - The onsite chef created some wonderful dishes and was overly accomodating to the guests' dietary needs.

Fishing - 5 stars - The lodge has Guides onsite that allows for guest input regarding the upcoming fishing excursions. My trip included spending the morning for Kings and the afternoon for reds. I hooked into and landed my king within two hours on the Kenai and then spent the afternoon filling up my cooler with Reds. The fish was then sent to a local processor to be bagged iced and boxed. I brought the fish home on the airline as my second checked bag.

My trip did not include Halibut but based on what I heard from other guests and seeing the fish that were caught it was excellent.

If you are heading to the Kenai for first time or have been coming for years, Crooked Creek is the place for your Retreat.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Curtirv
Reviewed July 15, 2011

My son chose Alaska for his 10th year birthday trip. We arrived the 25th of June and stayed a week. Halibut was hanging and other guests were enjoying the day they had on the "salt". Ocean from where I come from. Greeted by Aunt Dorothy and welcomed with open arms.

Fishing was the purpose of the trip and we were not disappointed. My son was treated like one of the guys and was looked after by all the guides. He caught Halibut, sockeye, hooked and I helped him land a 57lb King and rainbows. We were on the Kenia, Kasilof, the salt and a neat fly-out for a full morning. Saw bears, moose, more eagles than you can imagine, whales , sea otters and unbelievable scenery.

Our accomodations were great, with nothing lacking for a father and son trip. Great beds, clean linens each day, plenty of room, etc.

Breakfast was quick continental each morning and great lunches were provided and consumed. Dinners were great. From halibut and cream sauce to country fried steak it was all good. Especially, the beer battered halibut and sweet potato fries.

Room Tip: Central location for all activities. We rented a truck and were able to get to all activities in les...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We loved our entire experience. Crooked Creek Lodge is beautiful with an amazing attention to detail of decor . You will find "Aunt" Dorothy to be an incredibly smart hostess (please know she is an ex Judge!!) and can arrange anything you want to do with all of her great contacts in the Kenai. Russell Fishing, with Dustin as the skiipper , took us to great Halibut fishing. I'm a wimp and yet released 12 Halibut looking for larger fish!! EZ Limit helped us limit out on King Salmon in the Kasilof River..... what an amazing fishing experience. My husband, who has been fishing for over 40 years, commented on the professionalism of the guides on both the Kasilof and Cook Inlet (fresh and salt water) . We shipped 100 lbs. of fish back to the states and thus far our meals have been out of this world. When we left we felt we had new members of our family and will definitely be back to experience more that Crooked Creek Resort has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CampingEnthusiast
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Terrific place to stay. The rooms, the view and the people make it a comfortable place to relax after a day of fishing. Dustin, our guide, has put me on fish every time I have been with him. If there is a better place to stay on that side of the Kenai I'd like to know.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house, you will enjoy!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kasilof
Kenai River Lodge
#4 of 5 in Kasilof
Alaska SeaScape Lodge
Alaska SeaScape Lodge
#5 of 18 in Kenai

Been to Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters? Share your experiences!