All reviews shuttle service mendenhall glacier close to the airport small hotel grandma's house hot breakfast downtown juneau minutes from the airport a great stay french toast in town sister hotel two hours staff was very friendly and helpful free breakfast free shuttle yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2019

What a pleasant establishment. The room was well appointed and comfortable. The staff were each an everyone pleasant and good at their jobs. We really appreciated the complimentary downtown shuttle. No need for a car rental. The food both at breakfast and dinner was very good. Even leaving for the airport (close by) at 3:45 a.m. wasn't problematic. Highly recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2019
Sonja C, Manager at Best Western Grandma'S Feather Bed, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the wonderful review of our staff, service and accommodations! We are pleased you enjoyed Grandma’s unique charm. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

A very comfy and relaxing stay. The hotel was and always is very clean. The staff is very helpful and will try to assist you in anyway they can. The breakfast options in the morning are great and taste very good.

Date of stay: March 2019
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 15, 2019

We stayed at Grandma's Feather Bed two times on our trip to Alaska - once on our way to Glacier Bay National Park, and then again the night before flying home. The proximity to the airport was extremely helpful to our early morning flight schedule, and the drivers were so accommodating to take us wherever we needed to go. The room was comfortable, although I will say that the room we chose was a little loud. We were warned about this because it is directly over the breakfast room and lobby, but we chose it anyway because it had a king-sized bed. The staff were accommodating to anything we asked. My only disappointment is that we didn't book the restaurant in advance - it was totally booked for both of the dinner times we were there. We had heard great things about it and wanted to try it.

Room tip: Room above the lobby is a bit loud
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank LoveTraveling411
Reviewed February 24, 2019

This is an awesome hotel. I needed to check in early and they worked with me to get me in right away. The room they had was under the stairs and they were afraid my husband would not get the rest he needed. When I told them he could sleep through almost anything, they let us right in. Instead of waiting til 3p.m. to check in, I was able to get a room for my husband by 9 a.m. The room was so clean and comfortable. I loved the tub. After my travels it was nice to relax. The noise from the stairs was minimal. The food in the restaurant was excellent as well. My husband had slept in an airport the night before and was really tired so it was nice they let us in right away so he could get the rest he needed.

Room tip: I've stayed here a couple times and have loved all the rooms we stayed in.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Sonja C, Manager at Best Western Grandma'S Feather Bed, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are pleased to hear our staff was able to accommodate your early check-in request and your husband was able to get well-needed rest. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 21, 2019

This is the best place to stay in Juneau. The breakfast was fabulous and our room was very attractive, appealing, clean, and nice. We felt pampered. The staff was helpful and friendly. It's a great location to just come and go from. The outside of the building could use some updating but don't let that scare you away. The inside is nicely decorated and extremely pleasant. We would definitely return here.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a wonderful review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.