All reviews front desk breeze inn the bus system yogurt bed and pillows airport shuttle boiled eggs definitely stay here again continental breakfast convenience store the hotel offers third floor nice stay shuttle service rooms are large room was clean the hotel staff
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Terrible rude customer service. The reservation was made on 8/23/2018 noting we were traveling with my 89 year old mother and her emotional support dog. They called the morning were we to arrive noting we could not stay there with the dog ad they do not allow pets. This had put us in a bind as it is challenging to travel with my mother's limitations due to mobility issues and Alzheimer's. We have a long ferry passage from our family cabin to Juneau. It had been a very frustrating experience. I will never book another room with Wyndham.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I visit Juneau annually for work and usually stay in town although one year I had one night at the BW and it was ok. This year with the prices and occupancy very high downtown on the week I needed, I saw that Super 8 is a Wyndham and thought should have some standards. A delightful surprise. The first night I arrived late and received third floor facing the main highway - noisy and warm. I asked to move and was told I would the next day - they did move me on the same floor corner on other side - # 301 a great room - nice view - quiet and cool. The hotel has been renovated and the team there is terrific. Ask and you will either get an answer or they will do it for you. Susan the owner/manager, Nicolai, Danny and Jasmine and the housekeeping team - they understand tourism and guest service. However - set your expectations. Breakfast is breads/toast. make your own machine pancakes, yogurt, boiled eggs, juice and good coffee. The area is ok - a few walkable restaurants: try Dorothys, MiCasa, Zareldas, little mini mart across the street and huge Fred Meyer store 15 minute walk on a secure path. Free shuttle to the airport. Taxi is $25 each way to downtown. I will be back next year - very comfortable for solo travel and families too.

Room tip: top floor facing the quiet side (mini mart side).
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2018

On a Friday Night, at 9:30 PM, the manager of the Juneau Super 8 hotel walked down the hall aggressively banging on a lot of door looking for the source of some weed smell (Completely legal in Alaska). They apparently found the source. I watched as she yelled at and berated this elderly couple eventually very rudely forcing them to quickly pack up their bags, kicking them out of the hotel... Like forcefully kicking them out saying they called the cops and they were on the way... That poor woman looked so shocked and scared... On a Friday night, In summer in Juneau where hotels can be very hard to come by, I really hope they were able to find somewhere else to go.

I understand the no smoking policy. If I remember what we had to sign, it said a $250 fine for smoking... Not being kicked to the curb on your first offense. I would maybe understand being kicked the next morning but on a Friday night? That is horribly unacceptable. That manager really made quite the racket down the halls that night for something so minor. Makes me wonder if she would have done the same had it been cigarette smoke.... doubtful.

TL:DR Manager kicked elderly couple from hotel late on a Friday night because they smoked a little weed in their room in a legal state.

I will NEVER be staying at a Wyndham hotel again after seeing that. I honestly think that manager needs a strong talking to about how to handle situations and customers.

PS... The room stank anyway.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Susan K, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

John,

I know you were upset about your parents and you were not on property at the time I asked them to leave. YES, weed and cigarettes are legal in Alaska but we are STRICTLY A NON-SMOKING FACILITY and at check in guests are informed of this. The smell from the weed they were smoking permeated the whole first floor including the lobby and we were checking in a lot of people during this time. When guests choose to light up in the hotel and disregard any of the other guests or other guests children (in the room next door) we consider this disrespectful and they are asked to leave immediately.

Regards,
Susan

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Devon, our driver, Was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area! The front desk, Cory, I had a smile on her face and was so very very helpful with anything we needed! There were three groups of us and all of our rooms were nice! Comfortable beds, nice pillows!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I thought the staff at this hotel was very good, particularly Nikolai who went out of his way to help me on several occasions. The hotel offers a very good breakfast and a free shuttle between the airport. They also had easy to use and affordable laundry facilities. They also have a special agreement with a local Uber driver that will help you avoid the unreasonably high taxi fares in the area. Room was pretty good. Had a minor issue with the TV. Only significant concern was the lack of environmental controls, which apparently is common in Alaska hotels. They did provide a new fan for the room that helped the little, but it was still pretty warm on the second floor which made it hard to sleep.

Date of stay: July 2018