“Travelodge Juneau, Ak”

Travelodge Hotel Juneau
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I needed a place to stay while seeking medical attention. I found the employees to be very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and very adaquate for my needs. I was able to make arrangements for the shuttle van to drop and pick me up at the clinic of which involved many trips.There is a good Mexican resturant in the building as well. The rate for the room was very reasonable. The only recommendations I have is to replace the faucet handles in the bathrooms as they are hard to grip and turn and I would upgrade the room thermostat to digital as the temperature was very hard to regulate in the room, too hot or too cold, hard to set it properly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. We thank you and appreciate your feed back as what we can do to make our customers experience better. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I arrived at the hotel around 7 pm. After I introduce myself, the front desk guy says ," ID and Credit Card" no hello, no welcome,no please.
The bed was like a cement slab that had been covered in worn out terry cloth. I have never slept so poorly at a hotel. I was placed across from the ice machine and above the restaurant so it was noisy all night long.
The restaurant food is really bad. I couldn't even touch my eggs because they looked so gross, the hash browns were soaked in that yellow grease that most restaurants don't use anymore, so I just pushed the plate aside and ate my cold pancakes. The cashier/ hostess asked me if something was wrong. I told her that it just wasn't appetizing. Oh well, I still got to pay for it so that was something. My advise: Stay at the Aspen Suites. It was booked up, that is why I got stuck at the Travelodge, but never again will I give them my money. I have never felt so ripped off.

• Stayed: February 2014
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for sharing the details surrounding your recent visit at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. We do regret the challenges you had with us during your stay and I would like to address some of your concerns. I will talk with Darshan, the Front Desk Agent who checked you in about his lack of proper greeting that did not make you feel welcome at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. I also apologize that your room was across from the ice machine. Ice machines do get noisy and we would have gladly moved you had you requested. Your guest room was not over the restaurant as we do not have any guest rooms on our property that are over our restaurant and/or kitchen. The box springs and mattress in the guest rooms are Serta Plush (not pillow top) and every bed has a lush mattress pad, we triple sheet our beds and offer a wonderful waffle blanket that in between the two top sheets. Our staff attempted to offset your difficulties during your breakfast in the restaurant. When Chris noticed that you had pushed aside your eggs and hash browns she asked you what could we do to make it better and stated that you commented, oh nothing it's just me, sometimes eggs just turn me off. John was very attentive of your table and there was no mention that your pancakes were cold. Staff also took your food to the chef because of the comment card you left in the restaurant and they were not greasy hash browns in yellow grease. I believe that you were very unhappy that you were not able to stay at the Aspen Hotel, as that is your choice of lodging while in Juneau. It's a great hotel, we were not what you wanted during this stay. I do not think there was anything we could have done to make you happy. I am sorry, I just don't think we were all that bad.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Reviewed January 1, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014