“Customer service is terrible.”

Frontier Suites Airport Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The front desk/management staff are anything but helpful. My husband stayed at this hotel while working and he the worst experience starting with his room not getting serviced down to money being stole from his room and he also had someone break into his room and steal a brand new iPad. He advised the front desk about it after waking up the front desk agent and had spoke with whom claimed to be a manager about the stolen iPad situation and the reply was "sorry we dot do anything about that." What a dissappointment in the hospitality business. Not that we expected them to replace the iPad but to know that they would look into the matter and make a guest feel comfortable and trust the staff would have been a great solution to this matter. Very dissapointed to say the least and would hate for this to happen to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Cassandra0032
FrontierManager, General Manager at Frontier Suites Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are concerned with any issue on our property. I am glad that the roll of quarters was found under the bed. We advised to contact the police dept. as the window was open when his IPAD was missing. We did read the locks and noone other than the guest had entered that room. As per our agreement on extended stay we only service once a week in those rooms and if a DND is posted we do not enter. I hope that this clears the issues you are refering to and hope that if you have any other questions that you will contact me directly and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I arrived in Juneau and went to look for a hotel I tried the Travelodge and the Best Western. Both were disappointing. I then discovered The Frontier Suites, it has the largest rooms out of the 3 that I looked at and the best amenities. A full kitchen with a big fridge not the little mini fridges that some hotels offer. They have a restaurant called the Booyah grill. Be sure to try the breakfast burrito. There is a bar there also, I did not try anything there but sure wish I had. The staff was great. Customer service comes very naturally to them. They were friendly and very helpful. I will be back and I will stay at this hotel again. Thanks everyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I travel to Juneau quite often on business (electrical engineer), and I've tried a myriad of hotels in the town. The other places I've stayed were usually pretty mediocre - either too old (not a big fan), too expensive, too loud, or too inconvenient. That is until I found this place. The hotel has a warm and cozy feel overall, the rooms are always clean, it is VERY quiet (a good thing for me), and the staff is always accommodating and friendly. The rates are very affordable in comparison to the other places around.

There is a very good restaurant inside, and it is in a great location (plenty of restaurants and a bar within walking distance). The shuttle picks you up from the airport too - a 5 minute ride (at the most) to reach the hotel. I find this very convenient, as buses only run every half an hour.

I've also found out on my last trip that the hotel is a family owned business - something you can definitely feel by the way in which the place has been taken care of. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, regardless if you are on vacation or business. Obviously, it is also surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of the Juneau landscape.

Room Tip: All rooms have a fully equipped kitchen (with a stove and utensils, and everything).
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan T
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year. I travel to Juneau on business often and would recommend this hotel over any other in the airport area. Staff is great and resturant is very good.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank CaptKeith
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Bed was old and not comfortable.
Bed had been sprayed with bug spray and caused us to sneeze.
Parking lot was often full and we could not find parking.
Fireplace in lobby did not work.
Restaurant food was bad.
Bar was not popular.
Internet went down and took hours to fix.
Front desk staff was rude.
The worst property we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank nicoleatauburn
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this hotel for a business trip. It was one of three suggestions, and just slightly cheaper than the Goldrush downtown (which I heard good things about later.) I was lulled by their claim to be "One of Juneau's newest hotels."

After staying there, I wonder if it is a new hotel because it was previously a minimum-security prison or nursing home? Nothing looked new. The inside of my room reminded me of my Aunt Barbara's house before she got into collecting those creepy dolls. There were cigarette burns in the linoleum in this nonsmoking room. The decoration scheme appeared to be "random empty baskets." The Breck shampoo and plain bar soap did not scream "amenities for the business traveler," unless of course you're assuming that a business traveler is a man, and the kind of man who doesn't care about grooming.

On a positive note, the bed was very comfortable.

My room was missing the following "luxury" amenities: a dead bolt, air conditioning, a do not disturb hanger, and curtains. There was only a battered paper shade to block out the "midnight sun." My key card didn't work consistently, which the staff blamed on me for probably putting them too near my cell phone. The "free high-speed internet" is not wireless, despite the AT&T store located inside the hotel. I returned to my room one night to find the door hanging wide open, probably all day after the maid service. I spoke to the desk about it, and they did not seem concerned.

The hotel is not close to anything if you don't have a car, so if you forget your contact solution, you might find yourself directed to walk down a highway at 10:30 pm to the dingy Superbear grocery store.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms facing the noisy parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank dr_jbd
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Frontier Suites for two weeks. It was like we had our own little apartment. We were able to cook wonderful meals together and enjoy the living space when we wanted to relax. Terri (front desk) was so helpful and genuine - very welcoming and pleasant. We will definitely come back to Frontier Suites in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple