$129
$216
$196
Cancelon
Juneau Hotel(Juneau)
All reviewsgrocery storeferry terminalalaska state museumright next doordowntown juneauthe shuttle driverthird floorfree internetthree nightsbudget hotelan easy walkwalking distancewould stay here againin townbed was comfortablehotel shuttlesandpiper
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The room was fine. A bed and shower. Had a fridge, cooktop etc which I didn't need but had I stayed longer could have. Plenty of hot water, good water pressure, clean. If you need to use the hotels shampoo or body wash, you need scissors or something sharp to cut the packs open. They are impossible without. They should get something different as it's frustrating to discover once you're in the shower. The front desk and shuttle drivers were all nice. The review of rules could be a little annoying but I didn't let it bother me. I've noticed others didn't like it. I thought a bit pricey for the area, but after shopping around on line it was as good as I could do.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Jamie H, Operations Supervisor at Driftwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

I'm glad that liked your room. As for the Shampoo and body wash, I will look into what else is available. We've made some changes, I invite you to come check us out.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We had to leave after one night - the smell in the room from smoke filtering into our "non-smoking" room was awful. The stench from food cooked in the microwave or on small range was pretty unbearable. Keep looking but don't bed for the night at this spot!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Jamie H, Operations Supervisor at Driftwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

We're sorry to see that your time with us was so unenjoyable. We've made many changes. Come back in, let us change your mind.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

We were on a extended, independent travel trip through the inside passage and loved this hotel. We returned twice. There are excellent cooking facilities in our very rooms and it is near to a great supermarket, which had the best fresh fish counter we found in Alaska.(lots of the fish gets shipped straight out, directly from the canneries.) It is more practical than pretty but located just away from the cruise traffic yet still very accessible for town and trails. The excellent shuttle services to and from airport and ferry is essential as public transport does not go there.

Room Tip: We had excellent kitchen facilties which we needed after extended travel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Jamie H, Operations Supervisor at Driftwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. Come back anytime. We've done some upgrading and updating. We're sure you'll like what you see.

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

This is not a top of the line motel, the Sheraton in town is much newer, but the staff are very helpful and will shuttle you to your boat or plane. Our room on the first floor was large but old, few outlets but free internet. Our kids stayed upstairs and found it difficult to get their bags upstairs without an elevator. The location is a few blocks from the downtown.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JH928S4

I'm glad to see that our staff was good to your family. We are talking about putting in an elevator. There's big things to come. Do come back and check us out.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

From check in, with a lecture on how to behave and what the damage costs would be, to giving a key out to an occupied room, to removing belongings from another room and denying any responsibility despite being shown the email confirmation of booking said room, and to the confrontational attitude during the discussion ("Who checked you in?" "The girl with the glasses who worked on Wednesday." "What was her name? How do we know you didn't just walked in off the street?") This whole stay was a disaster. I don't recommend this establishment.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank rdarst

I'm sorry to see your stay was horrible. We've made many changes. Do come back to see them.