See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

The good: The bar has been updated numerous time in the past several years. very comfortable, super view of the harbor, lots of space and TVs to watch the game
The bad: bar tenders and servers are not so talented, don't speak great English, menu is off the wall odd and food sporadically decent.
The ugly: the hotel and building are in need of renovation, sketchy inhabitants.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Alaskanlarry
Reviewed August 8, 2017

For comfortable accommodations, just on the edge of the City,with daily, weekly
or monthly rates that are reasonable, this Hotel is an excellent choice. The staff,
the desk clerks and restaurant people were friendly. The food was very good, and
the cleaning service did a fine job. Although there were a lot of guests, they weren't
noisy. My security program had a problem with the Wi-Fi, but we worked it out. I very much enjoyed my stay here.

Room tip: I stayed in a middle room not facing the ocean. You are facing a residential neighborhood. You are near town, shops, a Laundry and Grocery.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Pluses:
- booked room same day on busy July 4 weekend via Booking.com
- price: $221 for 2 nights, prepaid; very low by Juneau standards
- comfortable bed
- large room with private balcony overlooking the commercial fishing marina on the waterfront
-great Korean food in the on-premises restaurant.
- Free airport shuttle
- clean room mostly - see below.
Minus s
- tub not cleaned and had a big wad of hair clogging the drain screen
- phone wouldn't work
- no drinking glasses in room. The new hire at the front desk told us the motel doesn't provide them and sent me upstairs to the bar to procure. (The manager said we should have had glasses.)
- both wifi channels wouldn't work on both my devices. My wife was able to connect on her iPhone.

This is one of those you "get what you pay for" type places. We would stay again, but would inspect the room and bathroom thoroughly before accepting. We told one of the managers our concerns. He was very apologetic and said he would work with staff to improve.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

For Juneau this is the best hotel. The restaurant and bar have the best view imaniganible. It over looks the Yacht Harbor and Douglas island. Beer is fresh and cold. Food is available, rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. Centrally located. Close to downtown. On a major bus route. I live this place.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2016

If you are a hotel snob and expect mints on your pillow for a 5 star rating, you won't like it here. I think another reviewer put it best: "Would I take my wife here on vacation? - No. Would I stay here if I was in town and needed basic accommodations? Yes."

This is no Hilton but the room was clean and comfortable and service was good. They do offer an airport shuttle with 48 hour notice. The Korean owners seemed nice and make sure everything is a it should be. Maid service is on request only or every other day if you stay by the week which was fine with me. Hotel is located about a mile and a half from the cruise ship docks. You can walk it but taxis are readily available.

Its an older hotel and constructed of wood which creaks when people walk. If you have a clumsy upstairs neighbor it will be a problem but generally it's ok. Rooms facing the harbor have a balcony which was nice but can be noisy from the traffic below. Rooms farthest from the restaurant have a weak Wi-Fi signal but closest to the restaurant, can be noisy. The only complaint I would have is there is no Air Conditioning in the rooms so it get a bit warm and stuffy but it's Alaska so just open the balcony door for a while if you have a harbor view room.

I did dine at the restaurant a few times. It was empty except for a few guys having dinner over a game of pool. Tried Fish and Chips and a burger another time. Food was a little greasy but good and service was great.

Would I stay here again? Yes, I would but I would also keep other options in mind.

Date of stay: August 2016