Breakwater Inn
$125
$113
Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel(Juneau)(Great Value!)
$179
$170
$286
$269
Hotels.com
Super 8 Juneau(Juneau)(Great Value!)
$169
$149
Juneau Hotel(Juneau)
$184
$175
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Basic rooms here in an older building. Downtown but 15 minute walk to 'downtown' and the action. Nice view and the shuttle to the ski hill stops right across the road. Staff are friendly enough. Bar and restaurant is above the room we stayed in. It was louder in the day than at night. Decent for the price but nothing special.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2012

No frills here but property was clean and staff were friendly. They accommodated our group of six adults and and it was a good basic stay. If you don't need a lot of amenities and want to save a few pennies, then stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandy L
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 months while I was working a summer job in Juneau. The best things about the hotel were the price and location. For us being downtown was extremely important! The Breakwater was also the cheapest extended stay hotel we could find. The rooms are clean and comfortable nothing fancy for sure. Some of the rooms have kitchenettes which is nice.

Be sure to try the Chinese food and checkout the view from the Restaurant/ Bar on the top floor!

Room Tip: The Harbor View Rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank WYglobetrotter
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here for two nights while my wife was in hospital. A grim looking run down place which is very noisy if you stay in a room overlooking the main road. It was very hot but there was a fan in the room. The bar was welcoming and the drunks were friendly!. Only Asian food or burgers etc available in the evenings. No breakfast at hotel so had a ten minute walk towards downtown to supermarket for food. Found out later the hotel is on bus route. I paid by credit card for three nights when I checked in. I only stayed for two nights and when I checked out at 10am the "manager" made as if he was doing me a big favour by refunding the charge for the third night. I shall keep a check that it is refunded on my credit card. Luckily I was able to make alternative accommodation arrangements in Juneau before we flew home. Local people I spoke to about the Breakwater Inn had good things to say about what it used to be like so I assume it has recently gone downhill. Only stay in an emergency.

Room Tip: If you have to stay then stay at the back. A half hourly bus service runs along Glacier Ave at the back of the hotel to downtown Juneau if you dont have a car available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John H
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here for only one night coming from the East Coast and starting a cruise the next day. We had to get in a day early to make the embarkation on a Friday, June 8th. Unfortunately our timing couldn't have been worse. It seems that many cruises started the same day and many people stay over before the cruise. There was also a Native American bi-annual celebration taking place starting Thursday and running through Sunday. Every hotel room in Juneau was taken. We felt lucky to get a room at all. We were not looking forward to staying at the Breakwater Inn after reading the many negative reviews. Our room was not fancy but clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nothing special but adequate and clean as well. We were on the mountainside so we didn't have the street noise as many complained about. The on site restaurant was pretty sorry. Very limited menu and most of it Asian. Only one other couple came in while we were there. We ended up ordering a burger. It was less expensive than most of the hotels in Juneau. OK - for one night.

Room Tip: Definitely get a mountainside room. It is very loud on the harborside
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple