All reviews music coming fun bar charm and character coin laundry gold rush heart of downtown cruise ship nothing fancy room was clean and comfortable armoire
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

I’ve just checked out after an extended stay at the Alaskan Hotel & Bar. I very much enjoyed the time. The music coming up from the bar below, I found colorful and comforting throughout my stay as a guest at the hotel. Many tasty restaurants and interesting shops were easily within walking ‍♀️ distance. There’s a small convenience across the street from the hotel, Rainbow Foods health food store up the hill only 3 streets up the hill. Foodland IGA grocery store is only about less than 1/2 mile away. The owner, Bettye, has been very fair and courteous to me throughout my stay. I avoided to not disturb the guests and they were civil and nice. The hotel employees became good friends. I really liked that. What a time. So colorful inside the hotel & bar as well as outside the hotel and bar. The music , the music , the music .

Yes, downtown is slightly urbanized, but the hotel and bar always felt like a safe reprieve. I could always feel comfortably removed from the havoc of the world there. I also liked the very fast WiFi. I shared the bathroom which was always clean with the fresh smell of cleansers and bleach. There’s also functional coin laundry on the site which was very helpful. Thank you Alaskan Hotel & Bar.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank JeffreyRockwell
alaskan1913, Owner at The Alaskan Hotel & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review.
Thanks again

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

This isn’t your Hilton. It’s an old hotel and bar. I came in by myself so I grabbed a room. In the heart of Juneau and close to the dock and plenty of shopping. The gondola is close by as well. The room was clean and comfortable. It’s not the quietest place but also it wasn’t so noisy with the tourists on the street to be bothered. The layout of the hotel is very unique. You can imagine what it must have been like in the days. It was the old days Hilton. Sits next to a bar and plenty of shops and places to browse. My room only had a shower. I thought it was a very unique experience and I would come back here again (if I was traveling on budget and wanted to be right in town).

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank TWRoyal
alaskan1913, Owner at The Alaskan Hotel & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Nothing fancy here just great Alaskan beer & friendly local staff. Pull up a stool at the bar & drink a few coldies at this old lady in Juneau. Yes she is old & a bit rough around the edges but that is just fine by me. No food on offer but we were told that we could purchase it outside & bring it in.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing such a positive review.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

This 105 year old hotel has a lot of charm and character, from the wonky floors to the floral carpet. It does not take much to imagine the pioneers clumping up the stairs to their rooms. It is showing its age but this is part of the attraction.
Situated in the heart of downtown it is ideally located to the many restaurants, cafés and attractions. The room was clean but a bit cramped. It had a small kitchenette, with a microwave, fridge and cooktop but unfortunately a dearth of utensils. Good wifi in the room. A warning however there is no lift - you will have to carry your luggage by hand.
Staff were very helpful especially when we arrived there at 8 am. They gave us plenty of information about Juneau.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H

I have gotten more utensils, but I will check the rooms to make sure that there are some in all the kitchenette rooms

Reviewed May 27, 2018

This is a great bar. The bartender was charming and a fourth generation Alaskan. It is not the tourist trap like the one down the street and I enjoyed myself immensely. If I'm ever back in Juneau, I'll definitely go back for another Alaskan Amber or two.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Janetcarman

Thank you.
We love the history of the Alaskan\