This is the kind of place you want to stay at if you want to experience what Alaska was all about. It's not the kind of place you want to stay if you love Westin and their like because of the sterile environment or luxury. We stayed in the room with it's own bath and, while quite a "funky" design, it was great place to stay. A lot of rooms share a bath.The bar next door (part of the hotel) is a great bar with a great beer selection and a great band - they played both nights we were there. The hotel is conveniently located in the middle of the tourist district. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places and is beautiful inside (don't let the exterior fool you - that needs some work), and the bar is the ultimate in old-time Alaskan charm. The hotel is friendly (in an Alaskan way), sometimes gruff for those who are thin-skinned and rough and probably not a great place for young kids. The rates are more than reasonable. This is the best place we stayed in during 10 days across Alaska and the Yukon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic hotel located in the center of downtown Juneau, the Alaskan is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was opened as a hotel in 1913. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Alaskan Hotel & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alaskan Hotel And Bar
- Alaskan Hotel Juneau
- The Alaskan Hotel & Bar Juneau, Alaska