Stayed on a family trip in July. Booked by phone which was a good idea as each of the rooms in this 100-year-old hotel is different and we were put in a room which was (just) large enough to have two rollaway beds. As a particular plus we had a view over the July 4th fireworks! The room was otherwise no-frills but perfectly functional - the kitchen had a fridge and stove but too few kitchen utensils (knives, forks, plates etc) for a family. Location excellent on the historic main street (obviously somewhat touristic these days). Hiking trails (Preservance, Mt Roberts) accessible on foot from the hotel, city bus terminal one block away. Wifi ok for web browsing and emails but too slow for Youtube etc. Helpful and friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic hotel located in the center of downtown Juneau, the Alaskan is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was opened as a hotel in 1913. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Alaskan Hotel & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alaskan Hotel And Bar
- Alaskan Hotel Juneau
- The Alaskan Hotel & Bar Juneau, Alaska