My wife, 14-year-old daughter, and I recently stayed at the Alaskan bar and hotel and we thought the place was terrific. The Staff are incredibly helpful and the manager Paul is a great resource of information. The rooms are basic (it's over 100 years old - what do you expect?) but they are nice, clean and have a lot of charm. It is located in the heart of downtown, close to shops, stores, restaurants and bars, which was very convenient. The bar next door has great beers on tap and they have live music most days.
Most hotels are 'just a place to stay' when on vacation and are forgotten very quickly after you leave. I feel that the Alaskan Hotel and Bar, is a part of the experience of our vacation and will be remembered in a very good way when we think back on our holiday.
I can stay in a "chain" hotel anytime I want - it's rare that I get to stay in a 100 year old building with such character. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic hotel located in the center of downtown Juneau, the Alaskan is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was opened as a hotel in 1913. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Alaskan Hotel & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alaskan Hotel And Bar
- Alaskan Hotel Juneau
- The Alaskan Hotel & Bar Juneau, Alaska