I too stayed here after reading reviews about a lovely historical hotel in my travel guide. I booked room 311 which has it's own bathroom and kitchenette including microwave, fridge and stove. Rate online said $120 incl tax...not true. $134 after tax per night plus $50 deposit.
Be prepared to haul your luggage up the stairs with no assistance.
The hotel stinks. It is supposed to be non-smoking, but people smoke in the shared restrooms. The smell was making my kid's and my eyes burn. The halls smell bad. There is no moldy smell in this room though. The room has curtain rods, but one window is bare. There are no mosquito nets so you cannot leave the windows open at night. The room is quite warm...and the mosquitoes are huge! Closets are missing knobs, pictures have screws sticking out of them, handle of stove is loose. Bed cover is stained and does not smell very good.
There is no hairdryer available for use. The room has a scale though...in case you want to weigh yourself.
Laundry facilities are available, but the hot water to the washers has been disconnected. Load $1.50.Dryer $2.
This room does not have as much bar noise as one of the others.
Desk staff not too helpful and have limited English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic hotel located in the center of downtown Juneau, the Alaskan is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was opened as a hotel in 1913. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Alaskan Hotel & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alaskan Hotel And Bar
- Alaskan Hotel Juneau
- The Alaskan Hotel & Bar Juneau, Alaska