All reviews bubble room in town restaurant staff front desk staff an older hotel bed was comfortable westmark bella keli downtown alaska pat russell heritage capital mt
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

I would like to preface that I have stayed in the Baranof a number of times and my stay was wonderful, however the events of this week were totally unacceptable.

My husband and I stayed 5 nights in the Baranof during a legislative advocacy trip. Every morning at 6am the neighboring room’s alarm went off for 11 solid minutes. Every morning we contacted the front desk, every morning we were told the room was unoccupied, and that they would take care of it. For 5 mornings, we were awoken by that alarm at 6 am. Every morning for 11 minutes we had to listen to it go off.

If you have stayed in the Baranof before you know the walls are paper thin, but that usually isn’t a problem as it maintains a fairly quiet clientele. The fact that we were told they would take care of this alarm situation in an unoccupied room for 5 days straight and it never happened is completely unacceptable. I am exhausted, I am sleep deprived, and I feel like the staff at the Baranof couldn’t care less. Shame on you. It would have taken less than 5 minutes to send someone up and unplug that clock. Thank you for proving what the comfort of your guests means to your establishment.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank AKEmerald
Relax50655913997, Guest Relations Manager at Baranof Downtown, BW Signature Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

I want to thank you for your review and apologize for your experience you had here at the Baranof hotel. I was disappointed to hear that we missed the mark with customer service during your stay, I've talked to the front desk and we've worked on a solution to make sure we follow through on issues like this. Hopefully you'll chose to stay with us during your next visit to Juneau so we can give you a much better experience this next time around.

-Justin Rose
AGM

Reviewed March 12, 2019

I had a great experience here, hotel has an old class feel with upgraded amenities. Location is perfect, near shops, restaurants, banks, etc right in downtown Juneau! My room was great, nice and clean, beds comfortable, free wifi, great amenities again. I would come back to this hotel. Staff very very friendly!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Relax50655913997, Guest Relations Manager at Baranof Downtown, BW Signature Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We have been taking steps to improve the overall look and feel of the Hotel and even though we have a ways to go I'm so glad to hear that the changes we've made so far have been noticed.

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this property Feb 25-28. The parking area is small with only one ADA space. Unfortunately it was never available due to snow and other debris, even after notifying the front desk repeatedly. Lodging in Juneau is limited but next time I'll pay extra to stay at Four Points.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

I wanted to thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to park in our ADA space in the back of the Hotel. Being designed and built in the 1930's, we understand that our back parking lot does not accommodate many vehicles, especially with heavy snowfall and being unable to get snow removal equipment into our back lot due to vehicles being in the way. We will work on solutions to correct this issue in the future so that others do not have this same problem.

Reviewed February 28, 2019

Staff at the front desk are very helpful and go out of their way to help hotel guests. While checking out, one guest asked about a computer/printer to print a boarding pass. Staff very courteous explained that service presently not available and requested the guest to email the boarding pass and they would print it in the office. This going that one extra step showed how this staff works to assist the guest. Cannot say enough about the different look, cleanliness of the rooms and overall customer service that was provided. Please extend my appreciation the the front Desk Staff. Thanks.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback, I will most certainly let our front desk staff know their friendliness and excellent customer service were noticed. So glad that the changes we've made so far are being noticed and appreciated. We look forward to having you back during you next trip to Juneau!

Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel. I was in town visiting friends and booked a 6 night stay here. My plane was cancelled which meant I wasn’t gonna make it the first night. The front desk was great and let me keep the rest of my reservation! The room was good. There was no heater but the room never got cold. Bed was comfortable. Had breakfast there and it was good. My 5 night stay was pretty good. Can’t wait to stay again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear when we hit the mark, glad you had a great stay and we look forward to having you back in the future!