“Accommodating on short notice!”

Pearson's Pond Luxury Inn and Adventure Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Juneau B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2013

PROS: My family and I decided to visit Juneau last minute and we gave Mary -Ann only 24 hours notice prior to our arrival. She was super friendly and accommodating. Pearsons Pond offers a picturesque garden and pond setting. My husband, 4 year old son and I enjoyed rowing a boat in the pond after breakfast and relaxing in the hot tubs in the evenings. Our room and the dinning area was comfortable, clean and quiet. We couldn't ask for more. Thank you for up-grading our room!

CON: Queen Bed only accommodates 1-2 people and my husband and I travelled with our son. The queen bed was too small for my husband, son and I. We were offed a cot, however, we could feel springs and as a result we chose not to use it. The Queen bed was super comfy and the sheets were amazing, I want a sheet set like that for my bed at home. It was off season and there were not many choices of breakfast foods but we managed.

Room Tip: Queen bed accommodates 2 people only and they only have 1 Queen bed in each room as far as I am awar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2JuneauAlaska, Owner at Pearson's Pond Luxury Inn and Adventure Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your visit to Pearson's Pond. You were delightful guests and I was pleased to hear each day how much you were all enjoying yourselves. I am, however, very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the bed situation, as I had explained it and offered alternatives when you called to make your reservation. Had you mentioned it during your stay I would have ensured we exceeded your expectations there as well by opening the adjoining room for you. We'll have to remember to do that next time!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was suppose to spend the first week of September on my honeymoon, starting out my newly wed life, enjoying the beautiful surroundings of Juneau, Alaska. Unfortunately the relationship ended and Alaska was no longer a priority. I immediately contacted Pearson Pond and spoke with MaryAnn, explaining my situation. She and Rachel both spoke with me several times, working things out to refund my deposit, which was not an easy task. (and something they did not have to do) Words can not express how grateful I am to these ladies. They made a very difficult situation, much more bareable. One day, in the near future, I will make that trip to Alaska and personally thank them for their kindness. It is the people that make a place great, not just the surroundings! Thank you so much MaryAnn and Rachel!! I look forward to meeting you soon...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Penny H
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at Pearsons Pond in Julynwith our fifteen year old nephew who was visiting from Ireland. Prior to our visit I gave Rachael a list of activities we wanted to do. She was extremely helpful in making suggestions and she made all the reservations for us making sure we could fit everything in to our five day visit. When one trip was canceled due to weather Rachael did everything she could to rearrange it. Rachael and Rick are wonderful hosts. It's obvious that they genuinely care about their guests and they go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. The home cooked breakfasts were delicious and served by Rachael and Rick themselves. Guests are welcome to help themselves at any time to a selection of snacks in the pantry and there is a washer drier available to guests - nice touches that add to the 'home from home' feeling. All in all a great place to stay and when we visit Juneau again, we will definitely stay at Pearsons Pond!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to do Alaska on our own. Since we're from Florida and we were planning to visit Alaska the first week of April, we chose Juneau, being the most southerly "city" in Alaska (and so we wouldn't freeze toooo much!). Being not much to choose from regarding hotels, we chose Pearson's Pond - and are we glad we did! The room was spectacular. Although it was in the 30s outside (cold for us Florida folks!), the room was toasty just running the fireplace (which was electric but exuded ambience, none the less!). The view was wonderful, especially when we awoke one morning to watch the snowflakes drifting down onto the frozen lake just outside our room (which had a full kitchen, comfortable bath, and even more comfortable bed).

And the location couldn't be beat - convenient to absolutely everything, quiet yet not isolated. It was a fairly straight course from the airport in a car rental. Mary Ann had everything ready for us - brochures, warm room with a nice glowing fire, etc. We were literally a few miles from the glacier, grocery stores and downtown.

After speaking with some friends who had taken an Alaska cruise, I'm glad we journeyed on our own and stayed at Pearson's Pond. We saw so many things cruisers don't have time to see, appreciate and don't even learn about (because they don't have Mary Ann to inform them) - St. Therese's Shrine was an absolutely lovely surprise, Douglas Island provided an interesting and different perspective of Juneau, The Hangar restaurant and bar had a great French Dip sandwich - oh, I could go on and on. We wouldn't have learned and experienced Juneau and the people of Juneau had we taken a cruise and had we not stayed at Pearson's.

Would we stay at Pearson's Pond should we visit Juneau again? You bet we would - hands down!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet, cuddly get-away, Pearson's Pond, Juneau in the off-season is perfect. Get...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My daughter and her husband got married at Pearsons Pond and it was such a wonderful experience. Exceeded my expectations tenfold. The grounds, rooms and service were amazing. Rachel and Rick are so warm and anticipated and met our every need. I cannot say enough about how wonderful our stay was there. I want to go back there again and again! Thank you, Rachel and Rick and your entire staff!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our time spent at Pearson's Pond in Juneau Alaska was the best time of our trip, I did not want to leave, we enjoyed the weather, the Pond room and of course the hot tub but best of all was the pond, I loved having a drink sitting outside it was just magical!!! Then there was breakfast and Rachel did a great job, the food and the service were outstanding! Can't forget the 5pm cocktail hour where everyone gathered to enjoy a glass of wine and appetizers, and they were always different, and fun. It was a great time to enjoy all the travelers from around the world and listen to their adventures, and that is where Rachel and Rick come in...so helpful, we even received passes to get on the tram and advice as to where to eat like the Crab Shack. I would rate Pearson's Pond as outstanding!!!!! Gary and Lesley Brown

Room Tip: Hot tubs do make noise when late visitors go in, but we just go to bed to early for everyone else...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had a simply amazing time at Pearson's Pond. The property is stunning and Rachel and Rick are fantastic hosts. So much to do and see there. Only regret is that we wished we could have stayed longer than six days. Recommended without reservation!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple