“Picture Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Silver Bay, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Picture Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Six years ago my son and his wife were married at the Shrine of St. Therese. The entire wedding party of 10 attendants, lots of family members, and many friends made the trek to Juneau for the special occasion. My husband and I were bringing three elderly grandparents and needed at least one handicap accessible room. Needless to say, we were a bit concerned about bringing such a group from Minnesota to "wild" Alaska! But our fears were soon put to rest! The accommodations were PERFECT! Those that could "rough it" stayed in rugged cabins. We hosted the grandparents in a beautiful lodge on a hill overlooking the ocean where we could watch whales spouting and mountain tops glistening in the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The whole setting was so peaceful, beautiful, and easy to traverse. Everyone was able to participate in the wedding activities! I had to chuckle when I overheard one of the groomsmen say, "This is the best wedding I have ever attended!" It was amusing because the wedding had not yet taken place, but the fellas had all been out salmon fishing! Last month my son, his wife and two young children returned to stay at the Shrine of St. Theresa. Their pictures reminded me of what a special place it is and how much I would like to return for a visit. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Shrine of St. Theresa to anyone going to Juneau! It is picture perfect!

6 Thank miama-mn

Juneau AK
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

A Juneau staple destination. We always send or take visitors here. It's more than 20 miles out of town but not to be missed. The handmade Gothic stone church is charming, and the 180 degree view of the water often includes whales, and salmon fishermen on the rocks below. Very nice garden also.

Visited August 2012
8 Thank JAJ
Orem, Utah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Serene and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're looking for a place to really experience the majesty of Alaska, this is it. No hiking or fees required to experience tranquility, amazing views and possible wildlife.

We saw sea lions swimming around and a whale puffing water in the distance.

This place is so peaceful. Truly a place to experience.

4 Thank travelingtmans
289 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 752 helpful votes
“Beautiful Lonely Church In The Wilderness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Beautiful placement, Gorgeous construction. We were more than surprised. There is the usual Catholic problems with each other and mankind in general, but the distinctiveness and elegance of the church is irrefutable. On a rainforest island, made of stone and rock with incredible wood highlights. Don't miss!!

Visited April 2013
6 Thank nabenom
Anchorage, Alaska
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Definitely worth the drive out there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very picturesque location on an islet connected to the main island by a stone causeway. The shrine is open to the public. Religious art on the grounds. I particularly liked the Pieta in an alcove of a seaside cliff.

4 Thank DelightedTraveller