“Great Crab”

Tracy's King Crab Shack
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: New Location! We are a shack Serving all Alaskan King Crab, Snow Crab, Dungeness Crab, Crab Bisque, Crab Cakes and Crab Rolls. Beer & Wine available. Order at the window and have a seat. We will deliver to you. Seating is outdoors. We have a tent area with heaters on inclement days. No reservations necessary. We cook to order. Wait time for food is usually not longer than 10-20 min. Faster depending on selection. Locally owned by Tracy, a resident of Alaska for 20 years! We strive to offer the best crab experience at the best prices in Southeast Alaska. Thanks for stopping by!
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were with a group of six and we visited Tracy's while on an Alaskan cruise. The crab was excellent! Probably the best I have ever had. The definitely use the top grade and size crab available. It was pretty pricey. We spent a little over $50 a person for our lunch. I would probably go back even with the high price.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,315)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We ate dinner at Tracy's Crab Shack our first night in Juneau. It is located right on the dock next to the cruise ships. The place was crowded but service was quick & the food great. We had a sampler - bowl of crab bisque, 4 crab cakes, 1 crab leg & garlic bread. The bisque was one of the best I have had. The crab cakes delicious, lots of crab meat and a great sauce. The crab legs were fresh & cooked just right. The garlic bread - forgetable, but I wasn't here for that. The cost is what you expect in Alaska at a big cruise ship stop - a little pricey but in line with everyone else. The sampler plus 2 beers was about $50.
We liked the food so much that we ate lunch there the next day. We had crab cakes with a side order of cole slaw (also good). Again fast service, although it was not as crowded.
If you want to try king crab while in Juneau, this is a good place to go.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I've never had king crab before. But after watching those shows where the fisherman risk their lives trying to catch them, I had to see what all the fuss was about.

Mmm mmm. Delish. This was place is super casual. Picnic table and communal. Lots of other cruisers to talk to. We got a variety plate to sample their specialties. It was all good. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I live so far from AK I'll never have fresh crab legs like that again.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Expensive but well worth it, for about 2 large crab legs, 4 crab cakes, 4 rolls and 2 pints of beer set us back about $50 USD. We have never tasted crab legs like this before... Not sure if we'll be able to go back to reality. Really cool outdoor hangout spot. Side Note: the have an outdoor covered area if it's raining and there is no Wi-Fi.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stopped by for a quick bite after a whale watching excursion. We ordered the beer battered shrimp and crab cakes. Both were deliciously prepared and the accompanying sauces were terrific. Our friends ordered the Crab Shack Combo with crab legs, lobster bisque and crab cakes . The crab legs were huge. The servers brought out extra garlic rolls and took great care of us. Highly recommend Tracy's when you're in Juneau.