“An Adventure in Authentic Dining”

Tracy's King Crab Shack
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: New Location! We are a shack Serving all Alaskan King Crab, Snow Crab, Dungeness Crab, Crab Bisque, Crab Cakes and Crab Rolls. Beer & Wine available. Order at the window and have a seat. We will deliver to you. Seating is outdoors. We have a tent area with heaters on inclement days. No reservations necessary. We cook to order. Wait time for food is usually not longer than 10-20 min. Faster depending on selection. Locally owned by Tracy, a resident of Alaska for 20 years! We strive to offer the best crab experience at the best prices in Southeast Alaska. Thanks for stopping by!
Conway, Arkansas
“An Adventure in Authentic Dining”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Tracy's King Crab Shack is unique, and one has to be ready for that. It is right on the water and looks like a fancied up state fair booth/large food truck. There is plastic-walled tent seating just steps away. This is THE most luscious crab I have ever had, buttery and succulent. Yards away one can look up at diners eating, insulated, aboard their enormous cruise ships. They were SO missing the point. Their sterile suppers could not compare to what we were enjoying, fresh from the sea, buttery and lovely. What a memory. This IS Juneau, in my never-to-be-humble opinion!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Toran I

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
South Florida
“Hard to find, but worth it!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Crab Bisque over rice ... I still think about it. I'm not a fish or crab fan per se but I do like it in soups and stuff and it was so good. My husband's favorite is Dungeness Crab and he loved them. When you see it you will think you're in the wrong place but there you are! Price is high but good fresh crab is expensive everywhere.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank sleevesend
Vancouver, Canada
“Crabs, the good kind”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were getting tired of the regular fair on the cruise ship and we decided to reward ourselves with a treat when we hit land.

My wife was raving about this place she read about and that we must try it for ourselves, so twist my rubber arm and off we go to have some Alaskan King Crab! I like my crab legs simple with just a bit of butter and this was perfect. We shared a single crab leg for $13 USD, this was not lunch or dinner where we could have broken the bank as I could probably eat a dozen legs myself!
The crab leg was fresh and delicious, what more can one ask. The staff were friendly and when you ask to pose behind the counter with all the crab legs, they are more than happy to accommodate. I was not too keen on visiting Alaska, but the crab did make things a whole lot better ;)

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank NomadOU812
Sebastian, Florida
“FUN AND YUMMY!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Everyone told us Tracy's was a must-see. It was hard for some to find since it is down a small alley with little "shack" eateries. You will be eating outside under a tent with tables under it. Ordering is awkward and the cooks are not interested in being interrupted for questions -- but, the crab (what you really went for) is great. Expensive, but great. King crab legs, butter, rolls, and an Alaskan beer - wonderful -- and worth every penny.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank mrswinemaker
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food tastes amazing and freshly cooked to order - definitely recommended. I had Crab Cakes and I really enjoyed them. If you like Crab you will love it here.

• Visited June 2012