“Wow. Just Wow”
Review of Orca Enterprises

Orca Enterprises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Orca Enterprises is now a part of Dolphin Jet Boat Tours! As the longest-running whale-watching operator in Juneau, we provide whale-focused cruises on comfortable, climate-controlled jet boats with guaranteed sightings.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wow. Just Wow”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This might be the shortest review I've ever written. This tour is brilliant. Larry, Kelly and Denali are funny, knowledgeable and so so excited to see the whales even though they do every day.

I didn't even count how many we saw. Dozens. You simply must do this in Juneau. We did the combo tour with the Mendenhall Glacier visitor centre, which was great too but there wasn't a lot of time there if you wanted to go for a walk as well as the centre. But I'm glad we spent so long on the water it was just a dream come true. I have a couple of photos that I'll upload. I actually have 100 and deleted another 300. That's how lucky we were! We went on 16th Sept.

4 Thank JenRobo6983

Tigard, Oregon
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great experience! Lots of whales and eagles!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I knew I didn't want to book through the cruise line, but wanted to go with a local company and after much research, I booked through Orca Enterprises and was so very happy that I did! Our tour guide Kelly, obviously loved her job. I think she was almost more excited than anyone whenever we would spot a whale! It was a great experience! We saw tons of bald eagles and ended up seeing a whole heard (is that the right word?) of whales! We even got to see one breach! We only had about 16 people on our boat so there was plenty of room for everyone to move about and watch the whales. They even provided a snack of cheese, crackers and smoked salmon along with coffee and hot cocoa. It was well worth the money and I would highly recommend doing a tour with Captain Larry and Orca Enterprises.

1 Thank Audrea H
Longview, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Wow great views of Humpbacks”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great trip in enclosed boat with about 20 people (had a deck for picture taking on roof). Don't book though cruise lines their excursions cost more and in larger boats packed with people. Took over 200 pictures of whales, what fun. Crew knows their stuff and loved answering questions, also served a nice snack of smoked salmon.

2 Thank Eric B
Wickham Bishops, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked this trip for the day our cruise called at Juneau. The decision was made on the strength of these reviews and the price compared to the ships tours which were for much larger numbers. We were not disappointed. There were 4 of us on this trip and, as others have said, Kelly was so full of enthusiasm it rubbed off on us. We saw lots of whales and got some really good pictures and video.
After the whale watching trip we were taken to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Centre. Most interesting. It was just a shame that the rain was so heavy that we were disinclined to walk any of the trails.

An amazing trip and excellent value for money. Strongly recommended.

1 Thank Bouff
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“orca enterprises”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Probably the only family owned whale watching left, totally awesome. Capt Larry and the crew knew exactly where to go, we had 28 folks on the boat, unlike the cruise ship tours which have 50 or 60 folks on their tour. Snacks were provided, and the interesting thing was that the bigger boats followed Capt Larry around, as they seemed to know that he knew where to go. I would recommend this to any and all, you will not be dissapointed.

Visited September 2013

Been to Orca Enterprises? Share your experiences!