“Best roast chicken I've had”
Review of Zephyr - CLOSED

Zephyr
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The prices are quite lofty here. Is it justified? I'd say so. The half-chicken I had was perfectly roasted, the skin browned and crisped to perfection. My wife combined two appetizer items for her meal. She is not much into fish but said the king salmon cake was very good and if all fish were prepared like this, it would be easy to learn to like.

If you are looking for a food experience a cut above standard fare and don't mind paying a little more, this restaurant is worth a visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting Juneau a couple of weeks ago and dining at Zephyr. We went there expecting a beautiful dinner and that is just what we received and more! The food was just delicious and the price point was very fair especially to Alaskan standards. The topper for us had to be the warmth in which we were received, so pleasant and kind and the owner was very interested in what we liked to eat and was
even willing to tailor make a plate to suit us.
We both so enjoyed our evening at Zephyr, hopefully you have the pleasure of joining them soon yourselves.

1  Thank AlaskaBalls
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you are in the down town area I would say this is one of your best bests, I really love the decor and the remnants from the building old day, which for Alaska is rare. The food and wine were very good, we had pasta tosseed with olive oil, pne nuts tomatoes and kalmatas. Just right not stuffing. All in all it was maybe our best meal, in Juneau.,

1  Thank Foodsthegame
Reviewed February 7, 2013

There are tons of places to eat in Juneau, per capita we're in the top 10 in the country, and Zephyr is the best in town. Prices are high, but the food is worth it.

1  Thank SnowySaint
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This past week we had dinner at Zephyr – twice! Both times were with a fairly large group (12 - 15). The wait staff were very attentive and even humored us the second night when we asked if we could serve our own dessert. (It was brought to us from Sitka!)

The first night I had the wild mushroom gnocchi. It was very good. The second night I had the steak and it was really wonderful. The goat cheese fondue was my favorite appetizer.

Zephyr is in the heart of downtown. There is a small bar that you can eat at if you don’t feel like sitting at a table. Haydar (the owner of Zephyr) is usually around and loves to talk about the food. He opened a new restaurant called Sprazzo over by the Baranof Hotel and I’m looking forward to trying it.

2  Thank coryinsitka