Tripadvisor
Juneau
All reviews washer and dryer full kitchen separate bedroom small apartment grocery store short walk the general manager large tv hotel room ferry shuttle continental breakfast hard boiled eggs yogurt the breakfast area an extended stay coffee maker comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2019

A perfect location. Just a little distance from downtown Juneau. Walk-able for the ones who like to stop, notice and soak in their surroundings in a new place. There are cabs if walking is not preferred. There is even a bus stop right near the hotel.
Juneau hotel is steps away from the waterfront that has an interesting whale sculpture and park, a boardwalk, and steps leading down to the water. The views of the surroundings are fantastic. Occasionally, one can even spot a bald eagle in the area.

The hotel rooms are spacious enough to feel like a one-bedroom apartment. The full kitchen can easily support any cooking one may desire to do. The Foodland grocery store (also a short walk away) is well stocked with essentials and more. And, get this people, there is a washer-drier combo unobtrusively tucked away in the bathroom. Climb the glaciers and rocks and freshen up all soiled clothes so easily!
The service is good; the owners at the front desk are warm and eager to make the stay a pleasant one.

The hotel does not have AC; but neither was Alaska supposed to have record breaking high temperatures in the 80s which was the case during our visit. However, the lack of AC facilities would not stop me from choosing this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2019
FrontierManager, Executive Manager at Juneau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2019

Dear Phanikiran,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us this amazing review. We're so glad you had a good experience. Our team at Juneau Hotel works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we've hit the mark for you. Come back and see us soon!

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

I booked the online from Australia reading with interest the reviews. I got an email saying to call the hotel immediately upon arriving in Juneau and their shuttle could pick us up. Surprised and delighted I just did that only to be told to call when I had my luggage - ten minutes later I called back ... waited for five minutes to be told their shuttle was half way between the airport and the hotel and would be half an hour ... we got a taxi. You don’t have to be a logistics expert to have managed this better. The hotel itself is a good fifteen minute hike in to town along a busy highway full of roadworks.
When we arrived the attendant said the shuttle could take us to our cruise departure point the next day - later the same day another attendant told us the shuttle only took guests to the hotel or the ferry. Alrighty!
So dear travellers the driftwood hotel is closer to town - their shuttle dropped passengers off at our cruise departure point (and it is only around the corner) and it is an easy walk in to town and good restaurants.
As for the amenities- think Depreston by Courtney Barnett and you’ve nailed it.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Sorry to hear you’ve had a negative experience with our shuttle. We try to be transparent about the fact that the shuttle is available on a first-come first-serve basis. If the shuttle was unavailable when you exited the airport, that means that it had already been in service with another customer. Hence the 30 minute wait you would have experienced at the airport.

We appreciate you calling out the Driftwood (do you work for them?). Note that our hotel is significantly more comfortable and much newer. The savvy traveller will be sure to compare the 3.5 rating of the Driftwood with our 4.0 on this site as well as others.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 29, 2019

We stayed twice this month at The Hotel Juneau, before and after a boat trip. Our queen suite was one of the cleanest, most spacious we have seen in awhile and we loved the washer and dryer! The location is good - away from downtown cruise traffic, and restaurants are only a 10-15 minute walk (we had pizza delivered one night and ate at our kitchen bar - a nice change during our month of travel). The shuttle was an extra bonus that we made use of. Thanks to the staff for their helpfulness and patience!

1  Thank Dhuds

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review. We are proud to offer the best suites in Juneau with a wide range of amenities including a fully equipped kitchen, dishwasher, dryer, washer and many more. We've also written guides about how to spend your time in Juneau, so make sure to check it out for your next stay!

We are happy to hear that we have lived up to your expectations and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

First, I have to say that all staff I encountered were warm, kind, informative, and generally wonderful. I had to call in advance with a question, and spoke with Siobhán, who turned out to be deeply helpful and patient with me as I had to update some of my plans. When I checked in, I was greeted by Gustavo, who was not only wonderfully warm and supportive, but who also gave me a Juneau Hotel pen with a little built-in flashlight! I was delighted at this small but surprisingly pleasant gesture.

The room itself (1416, I think) was on the second floor, facing the bridge. As others have noted, it included a full kitchen (with a washer-dryer), a simple living room, and a comfortable queen-sized bed in a separate bedroom. All 3 large windows (one in the bedroom and two in the living room) opened wide, which was perfect to keep the temperature just right. (I note that my colleague was staying at the Four Points, and was genuinely suffering because her room was so terribly hot. This was NOT the case at Juneau Hotel!) My room even had a ceiling fan, which was perfect.

The location was convenient and wonderful, with plenty of free parking. The walk to the large statue of the breaching whale was literally one minute, and the walk to "downtown" took about 15 minutes, part of which was along the beautiful boardwalk. Others have noted the sounds of traffic from the bridge, but somehow I wasn't aware of nor bothered by this.

Breakfast was humble but ample. There was cold cereal, yogurt, bread, and fruit, as well as coffee and juice, of course.

Overall, I had an excellent 3-night stay, and would most definitely stay again!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Anita B

Dear Anita,

Thank you very much for your honest and detailed review! We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

We always put our customer experience and satisfaction as our priority and your reviews reaffirms that hard work we put in every day.

We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for a quick getaway to see Juneau, which is absolutely beautiful. We called for the free shuttle upon arrival, and it arrived within 15 minutes. We arrived at the hotel around 11am, but weren’t able to get into a room yet. No worries, we checked our bags to head out for the day. We arrived back about 8pm, and got into our one-queen suite. Nice, clean suite with ceiling fans to help make the warmer evening more comfortable. However, as others have reviewed, the room was on the street side (W. 10th/Juneau Douglas Bridge,) which made for a restless night. We also missed the free breakfast as we had to catch the 6am shuttle for our flight, but they didn’t start breakfast service until 6:30am. These two items cause me to give an Average rating. Overall the staff was friendly - providing directions for getting around town and arranging the return airport shuttle reservation. The location is within walking distance (about a mile) into the downtown core. I would probably stay here again, but would make sure to request a room away from the street.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Juneau_Hotel_Manager, Executive Manager at Juneau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear Kimberly,

We appreciate your positive comments and thank you for taking time to make them. Our shuttle service is just one of the many amenities at the Juneau Hotel. We are sorry that your stay wasn't perfect and will work on improving our services.
Looking forward to serving you again, Kimberly!

Mariah Carpenter Executive Manager