“Best place in Juneau!”
Review of Juneau Hotel

Juneau Hotel
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been staying here since this place was under construction. It has come a long way since then. I prefer this hotel to any in Juneau. I like suite hotels with full kitchens. The kitchens has a good selection of utensils and they are stocked with dish soap, sponges, coffee, dishwasher detergent. I also like the in room laundry facilities. Maybe it is because this place is new, but the bathrooms and bedrooms are very nice. Only 1 remote for 2 TVs however...The staff is friendly and keep an eye on things so that you feel safe. It is a little further walk downtown or to the grocery store but not too bad. The rooms are a little noisy from the bridge traffic but that is the only bad thing I can say.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My family has stayed at the Juneau for several days, two years in a row. The rooms are clean and very large. We had a room with two queen beds in a seperate bedroom, a full kitchen, and a large living room with a hide-a-bed. The quitetest rooms are on the southwest side of the building, as the road and bridge run along the north and east sides. Both of our stays occured in the winter, and the only construction noise we heard was the sound of the snow being cleared from the highway...a common occurance in Alaska. Contrary to what one reviewer stated, the staff was quite friendly and there were no "shady" characters...just friendly Alaskans. We plan to stay at this hotel again in the future and would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: As mentioned in the review, the southwest rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The City of Juneau often works heavy construction equipment between midnight and 4AM right outside the hotel, shining spotlights and floodlights into the rooms and making as much noise as you would expect of any construction site. It is simply not possible to sleep. The hotel staff are unwilling to do anything about it, and instead told me to just ignore it and "have a good night, sir" - which means they don't give a damn. There are no cruise ships in town and no other noise at other hotels that was reported during the summer - if you need to sleep, you should choose one of those hotels and avoid this place.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Channel would have protection from the spotlights and floodlights. The construc...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve J
Reviewed September 17, 2012

No WiFi; no reliable shuttle service early morning or late night. Their sister property, Fontier Uites ha bot, but re further away from downtown near the airport. Can easily walk the mile to downtown in about 15 minutes. As noted in other reviews, these are small apartment which are typical to many others in furnishing and comfort.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2012

That's a good address in Juneau. The rooms are not only rooms, but are nice little appartements, with fully equipped kitchen, with a bathroom containing a complete laundry (washer and tumbler). The perfect place to stay and to make a stop to clean everything and be prepared for the continuation of the travel.
10 minutes walk to the center of downtown along the sea.
Free shuttle from/to Airport or Ferry Terminal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I were supposed to stay one night after disembarking from the Silver Shadow in Juneau. My husband stayed onboard and is continuing to Tokyo so I was alone. I felt safe. Very important. If I were staying for many days, outdoor adventures, etc. it is a good place. It is a small apartment with very nice appliances. The bed was very comfortable as well.
The three stars come from my experience with the night clerk and a management mistake. It was dark and raining and of course I have no idea where I am. I needed water and the tap water is horrible. I went to the vending machines to get bottled water and only sodas. I figure oh well I will drink a soda and find I have only bills over $10. I ask for change and the clerk says she has no change. She tells me I can walk to the convenience store that it is about a 5-10 minute walk. It's RAINING and DARK! My husband would be very upset if I were to be run over while getting some water. She then tells me there is filtered water at the ice machine. YAY! tell me this 30 minutes ago please. Sadly the filter needs changing but I needed water and it wasn't as bad as the tap.
So this is my advice. If you are going to stay at the Juneau Hotel, and I do recommend as it is a nice, clean and comfortable place BE PREPARED. Go to the store and pick up water, drinks, food, etc. depending on the length of your stay. it is a drive from the tourist part of Juneau so make sure if you don't have a car you bring back food or eat in town. Pizza and Chinese are your only delivery options.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at a different hotel when I arrived and later switched to the Juneau Hotel. It was great, Thank you to the staff for a job well done.The rooms are loaded up with a washer dryer and a full kitchen. great location and very quiet. Parking is a little tight but it works. See you guys next time I am in Juneau.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business