T.K Maguire's Restaurant at Prospector Hotel
Ranked #27 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I ate from their 3 course $20 menu. The opening course was a choice of salad, chowder or soup du jour. The soup du jour was chicken and dumplings. There was very little chicken or dumpling to be found in the cup. The broth was overly thickened with flour and devoid of flavor.
My main course was clams linguine. The linguine was perfectly cooked. That's where the good in this dish stopped. The clam broth was, much like the chicken and dumplings, flavorless. It was like eating a bowl of clams and pasta in a lightly flavored clam broth with lemon slices and tomatoes. No attempt had been made to season the broth at all. I was beginning to think it was just me when I heard the lady behind me complain that her ravioli was flavorless. That sealed it.

I finished with a 3 berry cobbler that had obviously been in the cooler for quite awhile and reheated just for me. I've had better from the freezer section at a grocery store.

Overall verdict: there is plenty of good food in Juneau. Don't waste your time or money here.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was a beautiful day so sitting on the deck was a treat. The view was of freshly planted tulips and the Gastineau Channel, with the mountains of Douglas Island in the background. I had the veggie omelet, hashbrowns and a side of biscuits and gravy. Everything on the menu looked good, so it was hard to choose. Yummy!!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have had decent food here. Even better than decent. But the last two times, I cannot begin to describe how bad. And the wait staff was even worse. It will have to be free for me to darken the doorway again. And I would have to think hard about it even then!t

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We ate there 2 times. The first time I had the coconut shrimp appetizer and my husband had the fish sandwich. They were just ok. Second time I had their "homemade chicken tenders" looked like they came right out of a box. Dry and tasteless. My husband had fish and chips and they were terrible. We never went back although we stayed at the hotel and liked it very much.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

the food was excellent here, but the service could have been much better - it seemed as if the staff felt they were going out of thier way to wait on me, as if I were interfering in what they would prefer to be doing, possibly texting on thier phones. the food was tasty though, when it did arrive.