“Interesting flavors, worth second try for sure”
Review of Clay Oven Restaurant - CLOSED

Clay Oven Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Indian
Description: North Indian cuisine featuring grilled meats as well as vegetarian dishes and other specialties from Southeast Alaska's only tandoor clay oven, including naan and other breads. Indian lunches and dinners, and American breakfast featuring omelets and scrambled eggs.Breakfast 6-9 a.m.; lunch 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; dinner 5-11 p.m., 7 days per week. Full bar opens 5 p.m. Take-out orders welcome.
Juneau, Alaska
“Interesting flavors, worth second try for sure”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I must admit to never having tried Indian food before this so my review isn't based on broad experience with Indian cuisine. That said, the food was very tasty, service prompt, and portions filling. On the downside the atmosphere isn't anything to write home about (bar in close proximity to restraunt tables and we happened to be there with loud conversations) and the prices are a bit high for what you get even taking Juneau scale into account. Bottom line, worth another go if for no other reason than it would be fun to branch out a bit on Indian dishes.

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Indian food for Juneau, in valley!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Now I have a place in the valley that I can eat dinner. The chef is wonderful and his naan is great. I get the vegetarian platter and I am very full and happy.

• Visited June 2014
“Poor atmosphere”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

The food was tasteless. Where was the spice. The atmosphere was poor, still the old restraunant with just indian banners hanging. The portions very small, left me still very hungry. I will come back. One strike and two to go.

• Visited March 2014
Juneau, Alaska
“Great Indian food in Juneau? Suprisingly, yes”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am a huge fan of Indian food. When I moved to Juneau, I rued the fact that there would be no Indian food to put in my mouth hole. Then suddenly, magically born from my fervent wishes, comes Clay Oven. I never expected that this hotel restaurant would be any good, but with a co-worker's recommendation and my desire to eat chicken tikka masala right now, I went after a hard day's work. The blueberry lassi was a little eh and the nann was slightly under cooked (easily fixed), but everything still tasted great. And I have to admit, the chicken tikka masala was one of the best I've had. I'm very happy that I went and I will definitely come back.

• Visited February 2014
“Delicious and great service”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Went in for a late dinner, there weren't many tables so service was super attentive and helpful, both the waitress (she went over the entire menu with us) and bartender. The food was awesome and came out pretty quick. The chef even came out to see how everything was. We told him how much we loved it, especially the fresh garlic naan, and he came back out with a complimentary double order to go! Will definitely be back.