“Awesome arvo catching big King Salmon!”

Hooked on Juneau -Private Day Tours
Ranked #44 of 81 Tours in Juneau
Reviewed June 9, 2013

On a rather wet day, i was still hoping to catch a fish of some kind!
After meeting Abe, we departed. We being me & him... good start i thought!
We headed to the hatchery, had a tour of the Salmon breeding and hatchery cycle, which was very interesting to see.
Soon after we had the rods out fishing the channel, casting an interesting looking spinning lure, i was assured they work! i am not a doubter!
And not long after the first King was jumping out of the water, fun to pull in, and as Katie m said, a few puches to the Salmon head on the dock quietened it down... i was impressed..

A while quietly passed, very relaxing watching the serenity, even with a little rain! we saw another caught not far away, keeping our hopes up, we kept going....
not long later yet another was on the line, this was a good fighter, heaps of fun to pull in.
both were close to 25lb fish, awesome! One turned out to be a white flesh albino King. rather rare!

What made the day was the help we had later having these filleted and cooked up for us so we could sample what we caught (even a few slices Sashimi style!).
The Hospitality was awesome. Something we will always remember. Big massive thanks.

if i ever return to Juneau, i will visit Hooked on Juneau again.

2  Thank B0hds
There are newer reviews for Hooked on Juneau -Private Day Tours

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We came to Juneau on our honeymoon and decided that we wanted to go fishing. I didn't really expect it to be that amazing because I am not an avid fisherman.... I thought in order to have a good time fishing, you needed to go deep sea fishing. I was completly and pleasantly surprised! Our guide made the whole thing amazing! He was a pretty quiet and down to earth kind of guy, he took us to a salmon hatchery first and educated us on the fish and then made sure we had the proper licencing....he provided the poles and everthing we needed. Then we went to this amazing dock on the river. I mean the view alone was worth it, but it only got better from there! He taught me how to properly cast and then when we did catch a salmon he helped bring it in...I really had no idea how BIG these fish were! So then we see other fishermen using there hammers to kill the fish so we could take it to the place to have it smoked and shipped home.... but not OUR guide... He come over and PUNCHES the fish in the face! It was hilarious! This totally nice down to earth guide puched our fish in the face! It made for the best part of our amazing adventure to Alaska, and we came home and our delicious fresh smokedcsalmon showed up just one week later! I totally 100 percent recommend this tour it was soo much fun! Thanks Hooked on Juneau for a trip we will NEVER forget, and we will be back!

Sincerely, Katie & Matt