“Excellent ”

Ranked #49 of 143 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Timberline Bar & Grill is at the top of Mount Roberts and has an incredible view of Gastineau Channel, Mount Juneau and Mount Roberts. We are a casual dining restaurant with a full service bar and we specialize in wedding receptions, weddings, banquets, and social events.
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent ”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch while on a cruise and had the crab cakes, fish and chips, and the salmon club sandwich. Everything was very good and the service was great.

1 Thank Misty T
Mark C, Manager at Timberline Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Misty,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your review is why we work so hard to provide a great dining experience to every guest.

Ive only been to Detroit once when I was going to Mackinaw Island. I loved it up there on Mackinaw Island. Please let me know if you come this way again so I can say hello.

“Great place to eat!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

On vacation and tried it out we're not disappointed. Awesome service ordered fishermans platter came with home made tarter sauce deeelicious! Waitress even offered to fill our coffee and pop to go. Definitely coming back on our next visit

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tml93
Thank you so much for your great review. That is why we work so hard on guest service, to add to the great experience that our guest have when visiting Juneau. thank you!

Bend, Oregon
“Restaurant with a view”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I discusses this restaurant with photos in my Mt Roberts Tramway review. Overall, it's worthwhile to have lunch with a beautiful, peaceful view. So, if you take the tramway for the experience, this restaurant is a good stop. I wouldn't take the tram just to get to the restaurant.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank goadventures
Thank you so much for your response. If there is anything I can do to make it an even greater experience please email me at mar.collier@goldbelt.com. I am always looking at ways to exceed my guest expectations. Thank you!

Wichita, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Crab Cakes and Homemade Blueberry Pie”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am in Alaska on vacation this week and happened on a rare find, I took the tram in Juneau up the mountain and ate dinner in a picturesque setting, The service was warm and friendly. I learned many of the menu items are made from scratch. I had crab cakes, halibut with French fries and cole slaw, and blueberry pie with vanilla bean ice cream. Even the tarder sauce was made from scratch and very tasty. I know a lot of carbs, but I decided if I going there, I might as well do it up right. They also had healthier stuff, but that night I opted out and chose comfort food.

The manager stopped by my table and personally asked me about my meal experience. I had to comment that I had never had a better piece of blueberry pie. That's when I learned from the manager that many of the items on the menus were made from scratch and his own creation. The pie crust was actually home made and each pie had over four cups of Alaskan blueberries. I would have loved to take that man and the pies home with me on the spot. It was love at first bite!

After dinner I was sipping on a hot cup of tea, when a group of locals came in to practice their ball room dancing techniques. I had the delightful experience of watching a real mountain man, with long hair and a long beard, glide across the floor like Fred Aster. I must say, I couldn't stop smiling!

I don't normally post reviews on places, but the whole experience was so rare and delightful, I felt it was worth sharing!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cathleen G
Thank you so much for your incredible review. I feel fortunate to be one of the lucky ones to receive not just a review from you but one that really appreciated what I am trying to do here at the Timberline Bar & Grill.

If you happen to come to Juneau again please stop back in. I would love to have you try some of my new menu items.

Juneau, Alaska
“Best Chowder ever! Great chef~ Mark Collier”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I can start by saying the " Judge's Blueberry Pie" is just fabulous, as I celebrated my 66th birthday by selecting to go to the top of Mt. Roberts with my friends and enjoy Birthday dessert FIRST. As great as the pie was (named after an old friend of mine who was once a judge here ), I could hardly wait to get to the Seafood Chowder.... by far the best I have tried anywhere.
I 've come up the mountain several times this summer season to enjoy the excellent cuisine and view, the amazing seafood offerings, and the hearty welcome. Mark Collier is the restaurant manager, who's not only extremely personable & friendly, but a terrific chef and manager. The wait staff is excellent, attentive and fun.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Timberline Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!