“great addition to downtown Juneau restaurant scene”
Review of Rockwell

Rockwell
Ranked #29 of 138 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
“great addition to downtown Juneau restaurant scene”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This feels like a hip, young restaurant in many ways; the meu includes a variety of selections including both vegetarian and vegan as well as meat, poultry, seafood, and salads. I have enjoyed both the Beet and Blue salad and the Warm Brussell Sprout and bacon salad. Both were excellent. I have had excellent King Salmon and savory ribs that were marred by being tough (I think they should have been cooked longer). I have also had excellent soups. The tacos are excellent as well. This place is good for a quick lunch or a casual dinner with friends. There is excellent wine and beer selection, as well as a full bar. The atmosphere feels kind of fifties retro; the biggest problem is lack of sufficient heat. I have been cold every time I have eaten there.

• Visited April 2013

Juneau AK
“New place in town”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Nice menu, freshly made food, good service. Nice to have a new place with different selections than elsewhere in Juneau

Visited February 2013
Alaska
“Dark Interior, Really Light Food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have eaten several times at Rockwell and enjoy the food. The atmosphere isn't great and the decor is nonexistant but the food is very good and different for Juneau. Salads are unusual and fresh. Chicken Capri sandwich is delish, Kobe burger is great, and the fries are superb. Staff is friendly and the beer is cold. Worth a visit.

Visited April 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't Bother Asking for Medium Rare”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I really like the food here, but I wish that they would cook the burgers medium rare. Every time I order one I ask for it medium rare and they give it to me well done, EVERY TIME. It is so funny that I brought a friend there about a week ago and told him that his burger would be well done. So, he really emphasized a few times that he wanted it to be red in the middle but, yeah you guessed it, the burger came back well done. I am not really sure why they even ask how you want it. Well, I still go there but if I found another place with good burgers downtown then I would probably stop.

Visited March 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“Creative and delicious”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Don't be put off by the fact that this is a bar - the chef has a creative flair and a great touch! I heard great things about the Kobe burger, but somehow was not in the mood for beef last night. I had the Faux Philly, a non-meat dish, and it was delicious and unusual. And save room for the Apple Crisp. The apples were perfectly done and the contrast between the hot apples and the cold ice cream was beautiful.

Rockwell is just down the hill from the Westmark Baranof hotel and is actually partly underground. Find it! Really good cooking at a relatively low price (for Alaska).

• Visited March 2013