“Juneau Hiking Tour is not easy, but worth it!”

Juneau Adventure Private Tours
Ranked #52 of 81 Tours in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure tours and excursions for independent-minded travelers.
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Juneau Hiking Tour is not easy, but worth it!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I took hiking tour of Temperate Rainforest and Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, Alaska with Gastineau Guiding company. It was a little over 4 hours long (I suspect mostly due to me slowing the group down, - I am not very fit, and found walking uphill difficult after the first hour). Usually the tour is supposed to take 3 hours. The restrooms are available only in the beginning and the end of the tour. It is a good idea to take water with you (I found that I was more thirsty then hungry on the hike). Walking sticks are available for use, but are not really that helpful, - you just have to be fit enough to climb hills and stairs for an hour or two. he views are spectacular. The forest immerses you in the fairy-tale atmosphere with lush greenery of the mosses, lichens, spruce and hemlock. If you are lucky, you may spot bears, porcupines, and eagles.
The tour guides (our group was guided by Chennery and Sarah) are young, enthusiastic naturalists, who are happy to share their knowledge of the rainforest and answer your questions. They are also quite funny.
Very enjoyable tour, definitely worth the effort of climbing to the high enough spot to see the Mendenhall Glacier.

Visited May 2013