“Very good, very convenient”
Review of Capital Cafe

Capital Cafe
Ranked #32 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you're staying at the Baranoff, this is probably the best place for breakfast, even though it's somewhat pricey. But this is Alaska, and everything is a little higher. Service was excellent, food equally so, except for the large portions. On returning to Juneau, had lunch there, one of the best hamburgers I've ever eaten. With fried sweet potatoes. Great. And with the 15% discount from the Baranoff, quite reasonable.

1  Thank banjobwana

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good, fresh breakfasts. Fresh fruit and bread. Unique items like smoked salmon omelette were great. My only complaints are that the portion sizes were big and it is expensive. However, if you are with someone then you can share a meal. I enjoyed watching people's expression when they were served 3 giant pancakes. I ate breakfast here all 3 days that I stayed at the Baranof Hotel.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This restaurant was located in the Baranoff hotel and is extremely convenient when staying there. I picked up breakfast to go on multiple mornings and went upstairs to eat in the room. You can also have food delivered to your room for a minimal service charge. The menu has some very unique egg scramble options that I enjoyed.

1  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Always slow, my last visit was even S L O W E R ! The food is so-so and the service, at best, adequate.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had breakfast here as it was included with our hotel room. Not sure we'd return due to the service, or lack thereof. The cafe was not full or crowded by any means, but we had to wait too long (by our standards) to have our order taken, then food took a long time to come. I couldn't figure out what was going on. We were tourists and I always look to see if it seems everyone else also is, or if locals are eating at a specific location as well. It appeared locals were eating here, so that's a plus in my mind.

The food was ok, nothing wrong, nothing extraordinary.