“couldn't seat 6 people”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Riverton, Wyoming
“couldn't seat 6 people”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were very disappointed on Monday when the restaraunt could not fiind enough space to seat 6 people at table...for at least 2 hours. I called them to set up a table prior to our driving downtown, only to be told they could not seat us until 8 pm...nearly 2 hours later. How hard is it to find a spot for 6 people. He said the "big tables" were all in use, and we couldn't get a table until later. We went somewhere else for dinner that night! We like this place, but don't know if or when we will return!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Stormy1one

Roswell, Georgia
“Good food and Gluten Free Friendly”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Options in Juneau are limited so I was relieved to enjoy a safe meal here. The staff took my concerns seriously and seemed well-versed in how to prepare and handle a gluten free meal. The food was just plain good to boot.

Visited August 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
“Been thrown out of better places !”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hotel check in 5:30 pm after 2 flights from PHL - cleaned up and just wanted nourishment. Saw menu in elevator - why not? Seems decent and fair pricing, and no need to go out into town. Wife and I (seniors) entered Gold Room and saw only two, yes 2, tables with guests. We waited about
4 minutes and a "waiter" appeared - we asked for a table, he said, "do you have reservations"? We said, "no, just checked into hotel - cleaned up and wanted to have a quiet dinner". He looked into a "book" and said, "hmmm no reservations, no seating". "You must make reservations"! So, we exited. What a way to treat a hotel guest! What a way to say, "welcome to Alaska"! So, folks,
beware!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Princetonians_10
“Disappointing quality”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had dinner in the Gold Room during our stay. First off, our waiter was way over the top calling my 8 year old "little one" (her 6 yr old brother was also with us), and my in-laws "the matriarch" & "big fella"...after the third visit to our table no one wanted him to return. However, our observations of the rest of the staff were positive- they were friendly and helpful with their tables. The food was hit & miss- the salads were very nice, the soups mediocre at best. Our main dishes varied in quality- the filets were nice & the venison was fantastic. While the seafood piccata was decent the seafood risotto & king crab legs were tasteless. We had better food elsewhere in town for half the price.

2 Thank Ohiotraveler72
Juneau, Alaska
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We live in Juneau and went to Gold Room for our anniversary. My wife had seafood risotto which was very expensive $35 for three small scallops, freezer burned (very fishy tasting) crab and starchy rice. Prime rib was fair but certainly nothing worth going back for. All in all nowhere near what we'd hoped for. When I phoned for reservation I was told they had an anniversary special, which I confirmed with a second call (I wasn't convinced first person I spoke to understood English very well). On the bright side the bread was good but we won't be going back for that!

• Visited June 2012