“Juneau's best seafood!”

Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2008

We ate here twice during out two week stay in Juneau, the only place we went back to. Great seafood, lively crowd, best views of the wharf and Douglas Island! Sit near the bar at a bistro table (up to four), the booths are for families (with kids).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed September 6, 2008

This is the place for an unforgettable fish dinner. I had a cezar salad and blackened salmon. My meal was great the salad was fresh and the salmon was light tender moist and flavorful. The wait staff were all kept busy and did an excellent job. It doesn't get better than this place.

Reviewed August 28, 2008

Just got back from there, first dinner in Alaska. Had about a 20 Minute wait, ansd was worth it.
Every worker in this restruant was hustling all the time. From the hostess to the watraiss and cooks.

Loks to choose from. Wife had King crab, I had Parmazan Halibut, both were very good, decent wine by the glass.

2 dinners, 1 drink, 2 wines, = 90 dollars, I felt a decent value considering where we are. I will be suprised if we find anything better here in Juneau. Good mix of locals and tourist. I saw no
one complaining.
I also saw a lot of burgers comming out of the Kitchen.... 8 bucks with fries.

I highly reccommend.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Try the fish and chips (for local and sustainable black cod) and an Alaska IPA. The rest of the menu is pretty good to mediocre, but the view from the all-glass side on the harbor is stunning. If you can see beyond the cruise ships, that is.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 13, 2008

This was a surprise. A few locals suggested this place, and we really enjoyed it! The food was fine, but the real draws for this restaurant are the view, the stellar beer selection (they even had an Alaskan Brew Co. rough draft!), and good service (which, surprisingly, is hard to find in Alaska). We'd suggest this to anyone looking for a decent meal, and a good experience.

Been to Hangar On The Wharf? Share your experiences!