“Give it a try!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hangar On The Wharf

Hangar On The Wharf
Ranked #3 of 132 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kitchen Open Until 10:00pm. Hangar On The Wharf is Alaska's premiere waterfront restaurant. Located inside Historic Merchants Wharf, a seaplane aviation landmark, The Hangar features Juneau's largest and most diverse menu with 100+ beers and a full-service bar open late. Fresh seafood, hand-cut steaks, king crab, plus burgers, pasta, salads, chowders, craft beer and more.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Give it a try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a local tour guide who said it is good food and a mix of tourists and locals. That is exactly what we got. I was craving a hamburger and got a fantastic one. I know, I know, there is a lot more on the menu. So I can vouch for their hamburgers and their beer. They have a huge number of beer choices.
Of course, you should go with the local: Alaskan. It is really good beer.
Anyway, the place was hopping, but the got us seated pretty quickly at a booth next to a window. Great view of sea planes taking off while enjoying dinner.
I'd definitely go there again.

• Visited May 2014

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great views and service. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I would fully recommend The Hanger. I have had a few afternoons in here and always enjoyed the food and beer!!
The view out over the Harbour is excellent, the float planes dock right outside. Enjoy.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Food was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stopped here after we got off our whale watching tour. It was pretty busy. We had about a 15 minute wait. I'm not much of a seafood person, but their menu had many options for me. I got the steak and it was probably the best I've ever had.A little pricey. Gorgeous view of the channel and mountains.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caldwell, Idaho, United States
“1st night in Juneau”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We so far have only experienced one downtown restaurant but I have to say the food was wonderful. They have lots of beer on tap some local others like the Rogue brewery from Oregon, great if you love beer like I do.
If you love great fish and chips I would have to say that you will not be disappointed. My wife and myself both had the rockfish and it was great, two large pieces and you could sub a different side if you didn't want the chips. I choose salad with ranch which was good and my wife had the coleslaw. I'm not a fan of slaw but after having a few bites of hers wish I would have taken that choice instead of the average every day salad.
If there was a down side I would say we waited a long time for a seat, we're not use to cruise ships on our normal destinations so I would recommend being patient if you have more than four in your party. There is open seating in the bar area but for at least an hour plus those were filled also but the Alaskan IPA helped to ease the pain.
Give it a try prices for the rockfish were $10.95 beer was $5.50 I think, figured that was a good price being that your in a tourist trap area. There were three different menus so I would recommend looking at all of them.
"Note to self never been on a cruise and after seeing all the people that invade a town it confirms I never want to"

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Iowa City, Iowa
“Always great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Food is always good, with a range of choices. Nice harbor view. Reservations are advised during busy times.

Visited June 2014