“1st night in Juneau”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Caldwell, Idaho, United States
“1st night in Juneau”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We so far have only experienced one downtown restaurant but I have to say the food was wonderful. They have lots of beer on tap some local others like the Rogue brewery from Oregon, great if you love beer like I do.
If you love great fish and chips I would have to say that you will not be disappointed. My wife and myself both had the rockfish and it was great, two large pieces and you could sub a different side if you didn't want the chips. I choose salad with ranch which was good and my wife had the coleslaw. I'm not a fan of slaw but after having a few bites of hers wish I would have taken that choice instead of the average every day salad.
If there was a down side I would say we waited a long time for a seat, we're not use to cruise ships on our normal destinations so I would recommend being patient if you have more than four in your party. There is open seating in the bar area but for at least an hour plus those were filled also but the Alaskan IPA helped to ease the pain.
Give it a try prices for the rockfish were $10.95 beer was $5.50 I think, figured that was a good price being that your in a tourist trap area. There were three different menus so I would recommend looking at all of them.
"Note to self never been on a cruise and after seeing all the people that invade a town it confirms I never want to"

• Visited July 2014

Iowa City, Iowa
“Always great food”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Food is always good, with a range of choices. Nice harbor view. Reservations are advised during busy times.

Los Angeles
“Great basic fare”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

A very popular place w/ locals. Great American food, favoring steaks and fish, served in a homey setting in a wharf complex, facing the beautiful seafront and mountains. A special place.

South Burlington, Vermont
“Tourist TRAP”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went there because we wanted King Salmon which they told us it was. They sbviously thought that we were just dumb tourists. It was not King and it was as dry as the Sierra dessert. The appetizers were good so that part was worth it but we should have just gone back to the ship!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank katsbur
Juneau, Alaska
“Halibut Wonderful!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Four years ago we ate here several times and talked about it ever since. Now eating there again it is still excellent! Freshly caught halibut cut into large pieces and fried golden and crisp! Yummy!