“Duck Fart”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The duck fart is a drink that you must try at least once! It will warm you up! The music is fun. The place a little crowded with saw dust on the floor; took a while to get our drinks.

1  Thank Roseanne D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,020)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our excursion in Juneau was cancelled due to bad weather on our recent cruise to Alaska. The good news is...we visited the Red Dog Saloon! What a great place! Really old time bar atmosphere...sawdust on the floor...numerous trophy animals and signs on the walls. The entertainment was the best part....an older gentleman played piano and sang songs from way back....prompting guests to sing along...and we did! Enjoyed some Alaskan beer and tried their chowder...it was delicious! Be sure to stop in....if you can get in the door!

3  Thank DFedor
Reviewed July 23, 2014

On July 10th my wife and I ate at the Red Dog saloon in Juneau. Its famous for its history as a brothel and hangout of folks like Wyatt Earp. We had a great reindeer pizza, with grilled onions on my half (I highly recommend). There's also great local beers which I recommend. Most importantly, give yourself some time to soak in the atmosphere, sing along with the piano player, and enjoy a raucous, politically-incorrect afternoon!

2  Thank Jim A
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I didn't stay for lunch, but the gift shop is a riot! This historic establishment has been around since gold rush days, and they've done a lot to keep the spirit and environment alive.

1  Thank coolmoan
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Friends of ours who had visited Juneau before spoke so favorably about their experience here that my wife and I had to check it out. There seems to always be a line of people waiting to get in. Unfortunately, we were seated in the balcony where we couldn't see over the railing very well due to other customers. A septuagenarian plays keyboard and sings/talks old time favorites with some modifications. Had a duck fart and an Alaskan beer. 30 minutes seemed to be about enough for us. Maybe I'm too old or maybe I'm too young, not sure. Maybe, I just didn't drink enough.

3  Thank Ray1962

Been to Red Dog Saloon? Share your experiences!