“Great Atmosphere!”

Red Dog Saloon
Ranked #5 of 138 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We heard this was the place to visit on a cruise to Juneau! It definitely lived up to our expectations! We had a great time! That atmosphere is awesome! Food is great as well---we had salmon dip and reindeer sausage. We sat at the bar and enjoyed looking at all the décor. Don't forget to have a shot of Duck Fart! The bartender Laura was awesome and had such a good personality! The place was very crowded--so if that bothers you this probably wouldn't be the place for you.

• Visited June 2014

Woodinville, WA
“so much fun and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Red Dog is a taste of wild Alaska. Sawdust on the floor mounted animals on the walls. the best player piano. Stop by on a cold day for a hot drink or on a hot day for a cold Alaska Amber. Food is tasty too.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank WA_traveller57
Victoria, Canada
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I arrived in Juneau on Monday and was looking so forward to eating there. I forgot there were 3 other Cruise ships in as well, so the line up was right out the door. I decided to walk around town more and when I came back, I was able to get right in with my boyfriend at the bar. I big friendly bartender name BIG J, came over and served us immediately. I had reindeer sausage with bun and chips. It was so good. The servers were dressed up in the old saloon dresses and the music was live with country tunes. The atmosphere alone was awesome. I really enjoyed myself and don't let BIG J scare you..lol. Will be back in the future..

• Visited June 2014
Lake County, CA
“FUN”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great place...good food...good entertainment.....highly recommend
to anyone visiting Juno. Wish we could have stayed longer...

Visited May 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good food!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The staff is dressed up (and yes, they do this even without the tourists), the music is loud, the place was packed! We had a great time here! We got there right around lunch time and the place was very busy, we ended up sitting upstairs (which is worth going up to see the photographs), which was nice because we were able to look out over everyone. The tables are quite small and the chairs are not the most comfortable, but the staff and food make up for those! I enjoyed the fish and chips, which was great, the coleslaw was wonderful! My fiancé decided to try the reindeer dog and he loved it! We all had a bite and to be truthful, it is something worth trying once, it tasted like sausage. Had the tables been just a bit larger, we had a hard time with everything for 4 people, and the music just a touch softer, I would have rated them with a perfect score.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Red Dog Saloon? Share your experiences!