“Flip a coin and hope”

Jovany's
Ranked #104 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Mexican
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have had some great food there. And some near horrible food there. I've had some great service and some near self-service. One can't miss is the pizza. It is always very good. In fact, it is one of my favorites and the crust (thick) is some of the best I've eaten. The place is old and getting funky but I still go.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'm a pizza snob and Juneau isn't a great pizza destination, but I really like the crust; bready and chewy. Haven't tried other offerings in years so I can't speak to them.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

It was late and I needed something. This is close to the airport and easy to find.

The waitress was nice. The beer-battered halibut was flat and totally uninspired. The salad bar was minimal - at least there were a lot of tomatoes.

Decor is bare but clean.

1  Thank DelightedTraveller
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I can't explain what was so bad about it. Perhaps it was the "salad bar" which was very little iceburg lettuce IN WATER. Apparently they put ice in with the lettuce and it had melted? I have no idea but it was beyond rediculous. You want me to fish lettuce out of standing water and you call that a "salad bar?" I'll pass.

The pizza was burned around the crust and from the crust in there was no sauce or ingredients for a couple of inches in places.

ONE time I had a decent experience there when invited by someone else who has already selected the restaurant. I ordered the chicken picatta and it was "good" but it wasn't enough for me to change my mind about the restaurant.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Consider splitting an entree. HUGE portions of spaghetti and baked chicken parmesan were excellent. Service was just a little slow, but we would definitely go again.