“Very Good!”

Ranked #5 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Twisted Fish Co is next to the cruise ship docks on the waterfront in Juneau, Alaska. Open May through September seasonally, we serve fresh Alaskan seafood and a variety of local flavors. The full service restaurant is a local favorite offering something for everyone. Our Alaskan Grill offers the best and widest selection of wines and Alaskan brewed beers. From wineries and breweries across the state, and even from out of state, Twisted Fish Co, collects the best. We can advise you how best to pair a beer or wine with your meal, or you can just enjoy a glass or two of whatever you're in the mood for. We serve in a wonderful interior, and offer outdoor, waterfront dining as well. Visit us today and discover why we are a local favorite and a tourist treasure.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped here for a change of pace from our boring cruise ship meals. We found the food and service to both be very good! I had fish and chips and and my husband had halibut fillet. We were both very happy with our meals and the service. We had the Turtle pie for dessert which was huge and excellent!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant to us before our trip and boy were we impressed! They had a salmon puffed pastry that was out of this world! The baked salmon was beautiful. Cheese bread that was served before our meal was excellent. Though it was lunch time and there were 2 cruise ships in he port, we did not wait long at all. Service was smooth and prompt. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone visiting the area.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

From the cool name to the great food, this is the place to go. We had the grilled halibut with berry chutney, salmon in pastry, fish and chips and a burger. All were perfectly prepared and the staff was attentive. Plus, it had a great view of the water.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

But only after the cruise ships have left for the day. We were in town for a couple of days and I was glad we had made reservations as this place was packed with locals. We both had the First Mate plates which were 1/2 portions of both King Salmon & Halibut. Broiled to perfection these dinners were heavenly. The fish all comes from Taku next door.

Beware...desserts are designed for 2 people.

I can't give them 5 stars because this place is casual and I hold that rating for truly fabulous restaurants with tablecloths.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We waited a long time for our food, but my husband and I were satisfied with our food. Our grandson, who is hard to please, was unhappy with the ribs he ordered. My husband and I had to agree with him, this time, though. They were bad: little meat and lots of fat. Sorry, I just want to be honest.