“great seafood”

Twisted Fish Company Alaskan Grill
Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Twisted Fish Co is next to the cruise ship docks on the waterfront in Juneau, Alaska. Open May through September seasonally, we serve fresh Alaskan seafood and a variety of local flavors. The full service restaurant is a local favorite offering something for everyone. Our Alaskan Grill offers the best and widest selection of wines and Alaskan brewed beers. From wineries and breweries across the state, and even from out of state, Twisted Fish Co, collects the best. We can advise you how best to pair a beer or wine with your meal, or you can just enjoy a glass or two of whatever you're in the mood for. We serve in a wonderful interior, and offer outdoor, waterfront dining as well. Visit us today and discover why we are a local favorite and a tourist treasure.
“great seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

looking for fresh seafood and great quality, this is the place. Prices a little high for Juneau, and little choice for anyone in the group who doees not want seafood.

1 Thank Valerie H

• Polish first
South Florida
“Pleasant Surprise.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Twisted Fish sits right where the cruise ships dock meaning, in my opinion, that it's a tourist spot and therefore not worth my time. I had it all arranged, after our tours we were going to go elsewhere ... where the locals go! Well, after a full day in Juneau of whale watching (thank's Captain Larry) followed by hiking around Mendenhall Glacier this now tired, hungry, and wet tourist bravely led our group into the, ever so convenient, Twisted Fish. We were warmly, literally, welcomed by a fire in the fire place and we were seated immediately near in, but sadly on a high top, I hate high tops. I was so happy to be warm and sitting and inside I really didn't care.

The staff was so nice and menu was great! I'm not a fish eater, but everyone else was and said the fish dishes were really good. I had several landlubber options and my steak was very good. Prices were reasonable for a "touristy place" lol and I do believe I did see more than a few locals enjoying it too. The owners also own The Hangar on the Wharf which is mostly locals and was my first choice but this was great.

Give it a try, you won't be sorry!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank sleevesend
Ewing, New Jersey
“Nice Place to Eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stopped in for lunch after one of our day tours before returning to the cruise ship. Food was tasty, had the halibut fish and chips. Good size portions and waitress was very personable. Did not feel rushed at all, nice view of docks and water.

• Visited September 2012
Juneau, Alaska
“Worst drinks of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been to the Twisted Fish twice. I only had drinks during my first visit. They were absolutely disgusting. I returned for dinner, thinking that I had had a one time bad experience. My second experience was worse. I ordered the mini halibut burgers. There was barely any halibut anywhere to be found, just burnt breading. I ordered a Margarita which didn't contain any Tequila. I ordered a second drink, one of their specialties. It was so gross I couldn't drink it. This place must have the worst bartenders in the world. All of my dinner companions received mediocre food and disgusting drinks. Everything is overpriced, even by Alaska's standards. I will never come here again.

• Visited July 2012
Juneau, Alaska
“Best of Juneau, but not open year round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place is Great! Before moving to Juneau my wife and I had stopped here on our first visit. The food was great and sitting by the fire was great on a cold day. After moving here we found that they are only open during the summer and for only part of the winter (when the State House is in session). As I write this review in October 2012 they are closed.

The prices are a bit high, but the food is always excellent. My personal favorite is the halibut tacos. I tried my wife's scalloped potatoes that came with her grilled halibut and they were Excellent! I suggest trying them if it comes as a choice with your meal. The salmon puff pastry dish, halibut taco pizza, grilled halibut, halibut tacos, apps and everything we've tried has always been Great! They have a very good sized menu. There is a very definative "Twisted" style to their food and the forethought and love they put into their menu shows in the food.

Anytime we have family visit we always take them here. When my parents visited for 2 weeks, we went here maybe 4 times. I think my mom got the grilled halibut with wildberry sandwich every single time, she liked it that much.

I have always had excellent service, but I have had the seating staff once give me an odd look like another review mentioned. As if walking in a little wet (in a rainforest) is odd. But that was just the one time. This place is nice, but it's casual. Sit by the fireplace or a table with a view of the ocean.

I've travelled all over Alaska and been to many "local favorites", "tourist traps" and the chain restaurants; this place is definately a local favorite! I just wish they would be open a bit more.

• Visited August 2012