“Great bagels!”

Silverbow Bakery
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Worth a stop for great bagels, bagel sandwiches, and good coffee in a homey, funky atmosphere. We liked it.

SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you so much for stopping in! We appreciate your business as well as taking the time to write such a fabulous review for us! I'm glad you felt like it was a homey, funky place to be, we try really hard to make it that way through our awesome staffers as well as our surroundings. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We ate lunch here about 3 times while in Juneau. Juneau was having an icky heat spell so all I craved was salads. Salads are GOOD with the balsamic reduction dressing being the best I've ever had. Truly. Divine. Had a sandwich which was a bit too cheesy (very greasy) but my partner had roast beef sandwiches which were amazing. Good coffee and a huge room out the back for when you just want to chill after hiking a glacier or whatever. Love the quirky options of chips (packet?), pickle (yum) and raw carrots (bizarre) on the side. Have missed silverbow heaps :(

Thank you for taking the time to respond! We love all of your fantastic info. The balsalmic is my favorite too. Next time you should try a veggie sandwich, it also has a bit of that salad dressing on it that you like so much. What kind of sandwich did you get that was too greasy? I would love to know so that I can check the recipe and make it even better!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a good place to eat an early breakfast during the summer months. They open at 6:30am so you can get started early on these long days. On Twofer Tuesdays bagels and breads are buy one, get one free. The ambiance is utilitarian but the food is tasty.

Bagelsrus, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Yup, two for tuesday is a great deal available for loose in a bag bagels only. Up to two dozen.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The place is a classic in downtown Juneau, big and tasty cookies, the bagel selection is big and good. Laid back and relax, prices are reasonable.

Thanks for writing. We agree! Our new chef has been adding new items to our menu like Taco Salad Tuesdays and Matzoh Ball Mondays. Its been great fun.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had the Caprese panini for lunch which was quite good, though it was my alternate choice since my first choice was not available on this day. The waits to take the order and getting it weren't too terribly long.

Thanks for writing and we sure are glad you enjoyed the panini. Our new chef came up with the caprese recipe a few months back and its been very popular.