“It's nice but difficult to get to...”
Review of Silverbow Bakery - CLOSED

Silverbow Bakery
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Huntsville, Alabama
“It's nice but difficult to get to...”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had tried to eat here before but could never find parking anywhere close to this place. I finally lucked out. It is very good if you like bagels and bagel related meals..It is a little on the expensive side. But again everything in Juneau is expensive. I did like it and I liked the atmosphere. Again it is small and hard to get to if you have a car. Be prepared to park in a garage and walk a few blocks. The staff was nice we had a new guy and someone who looked likes he's been there a while. Both were friendly.

• Visited February 2013
SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello, Juneau Hotel Manager!

Thanks for the review! We love love love feedback, and we're glad to know that your experience here was positive. We're smack-dab in the middle of a high-demand area! We're very close to all of the popular downtown shopping, which can make parking a challenge. We thank the bagel deities every day for the new parking garage across the street.

Thanks for braving the crowds!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“We love the Silverbow Bakery!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We go to the Silverbow every time we're in Juneau and have tried many of the menu items - all delicious! The cookies are so big I can't even finish one! I have learned to share. Fast, yummy and economical. They also have a really cute area for kids so your young ones won't be bored and you can enjoy lunch at a leisurely pace.

• Visited January 2013
SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
You're a peach- Thanks for the feedback! The deli staff will be so happy to hear that you enjoy their efforts because, truly- Every sandwich is a labor of love!

I'm hanging your comment in the break room to serve as motivation. Hope to see you again very soon!

Anchorage, Alaska
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I travel to Juneau for work frequently. Silverbow bakery is one of the 2-3 places that I eat downtown. They have great soups, salads, and sandwiches. The place may put some people off because you order at a high counter, and there pay station is a little cramped. If your short, you have a hard time looking over the counter to see what bagels (of the 15 or so) they have available!

Give it a try, you will enjoy it.

• Visited January 2013
Hello, Scott!

Thanks a million for taking the time to write a review- We love feedback! The staff next door will be very excited to know that you appreciate what they do. I'm adding this to the wall of love in our break room!

And my apologies to the vertically challenged out there- I've never thought about it, but our counter IS high! Good thing we have friendly staff. They would be more then happy to read the bagel list to you for the asking.

Hope to see you again very soon!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband & I stopped by Juneau only to switch ferries. We had a wait inbetween so we headed into Juneau to get something to eat. It was hard to find a restaurant so we settled for a bakery. My husband ordered a sandwhich with no sauces on it. He was precise about no mayo, no mustard. The girls that worked there were very unfriendly. He got a sandwhich with sauce, when he went back to get one without any they made him purchase a second one. Not only was the service horrible, our table was dirty. The delivery van that belonged to the bakery blocked us in. So we had to ask them to move their van, which took awhile. This was our first experience of Juneau & they totally ruined it for us. I would never go back to this place.

1 Thank Kp2013
SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Hello, KP-

Wow. Sounds like a perfect storm of mistakes on our end! My heartfelt apologies for the service you received while at our cafe. Please believe me when I say that this type of behavior is not typical of us- We pride ourselves in being good to our customers! Of course we're not perfect, and when mistakes are made we have a policy of doing whatever it takes to fix the problem and make our customers happy. Sounds like that's a policy that didn't stick with one of our trainees- I'll make sure to drive the point home!

Please don't let this experience sour you on all of Juneau! It truly is a great community and we're proud to be a part of it- I highly recommend that you give it another try. On the off chance that you do, I would love the opportunity to buy you another lunch. With extra mayo- Right? .... Just kidding.

Juneau, Alaska
“good food and variety!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Good food and lots of variety. And good sevice, quick service. Sandwiches are all original and taste great.

Visited June 2012
SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this review, July 19, 2015
Sorry it took so long to reply.. Your opinion means a lot. You mention variety, well that was a while ago... Now we offer much more variety.. Lots of choices and yummy food. We try and keep our menu young and fresh.. Friendly service is key to happy customers which means happy employees.. We are very happy to hear your love for silverbow is strong.. thank you very much.