“A little overpriced but the food is great!”
Review of Silverbow Bakery - CLOSED

Silverbow Bakery
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Fresh bagels and freshly prepared sandwiches. In a great location downtown. It is also a bed and breakfast so you can imagine the breakfasts are also wonderful. The staff at the bakery can be unfriendly at times, but it could be because this is not a permanent career for them.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Always a great stop in Juneau for food and warmth. Thank you Silverbow!

Reviewed December 24, 2011

The bagels, I'm guessing the product that has put you guys on the Juneau map, have slowly declined in quality over the past five years. Having the opportunity to work and eat at other bagel shops in the country I can tell you your bagels are closer to high end costco bagels than authentic New York Kettle boiled bagels, sure they are boiled, sure the process is there, but they lack the care and attention a person who truly appreciates bagels deserve. So proof your bagels right/consistently, boil them long enough so I get a good new york crunch when I bite into the crust and bake them long enough so they have that golden brown hue, not the pale albino Alaskan look we all seem to get this time of the year.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

The Silverbow has great coffee, delicious breads and cookies and a fantastic Florentine Breakfast Panini. It has spinach, egg, cheese and sausage if you want. I was amazed at how heavy it was. Truly, large enough for two full meals.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I'm not quite sure on the setup here, but it took forever for my bagel & cream cheese to be prepared and it showed up on the restaurant side of the cafe when I was in the bakery, and ordered in the bakery. No, I'm not a local, and if that's their 'system' it is a confusing one. There weren't many people on the bakery side, so I am guessing my food order was held up by restaurant customers perhaps?

Good enough food, lots of salmon-cream-cheesy goodness and decent coffee. It was a sunny day and ever so slightly off the tourist-track, so it was nice to sit on their quiet patio and use wifi. Free wifi in Alaska is not the easiest thing to come by.

The restaurant side looks like a nice place for lunch, and I would consider trying it if I'm back that way again.