“Bagels are underbaked and under boiled”
Review of Silverbow Bakery - CLOSED

Silverbow Bakery
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed December 24, 2011

The bagels, I'm guessing the product that has put you guys on the Juneau map, have slowly declined in quality over the past five years. Having the opportunity to work and eat at other bagel shops in the country I can tell you your bagels are closer to high end costco bagels than authentic New York Kettle boiled bagels, sure they are boiled, sure the process is there, but they lack the care and attention a person who truly appreciates bagels deserve. So proof your bagels right/consistently, boil them long enough so I get a good new york crunch when I bite into the crust and bake them long enough so they have that golden brown hue, not the pale albino Alaskan look we all seem to get this time of the year.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

The Silverbow has great coffee, delicious breads and cookies and a fantastic Florentine Breakfast Panini. It has spinach, egg, cheese and sausage if you want. I was amazed at how heavy it was. Truly, large enough for two full meals.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I'm not quite sure on the setup here, but it took forever for my bagel & cream cheese to be prepared and it showed up on the restaurant side of the cafe when I was in the bakery, and ordered in the bakery. No, I'm not a local, and if that's their 'system' it is a confusing one. There weren't many people on the bakery side, so I am guessing my food order was held up by restaurant customers perhaps?

Good enough food, lots of salmon-cream-cheesy goodness and decent coffee. It was a sunny day and ever so slightly off the tourist-track, so it was nice to sit on their quiet patio and use wifi. Free wifi in Alaska is not the easiest thing to come by.

The restaurant side looks like a nice place for lunch, and I would consider trying it if I'm back that way again.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I visited the Silverbow Bakery in late June... I ordered a large coffee and a cinnamon raisin bagel... The coffee was great but after walking back to my hotel and opening the bag, I realized that I got a sesame seed bagel which was semi-stale... I would have the coffee again if visiting but skip the food or check your order before you leave...

SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

We thank you for taking the time to comment on our restaurant, and would like to sincerely apologize for your negative experience. Although we can understand the critiquing of our service (who wants to get a bagel they didn't order?), there is one aspect of your review we must firmly protest against: Our bagels are always fresh. Our bakers start work at 4am every single day of the year to ensure that we have hot, fresh bagels when we open our doors every morning. We must kindly insist that there is no way you received a stale bagel.

Again, we would like to thank you for your review and insure you that we continue to work diligently to improve our customer service.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

I am an out-of-towner living in Juneau for the summer. I love a good bagel place and decided to check out Silverbow. I have been at least once a week since I tried it! They have a pretty good variety of bagels and spreads. I haven't been for lunch/soup yet but am planning to go soon! I felt like I had to write this review because I saw so many negative ones. Every time I've gone I have had great service and haven't had any problems with any of the employees. (I think several of the people complaining about bad service posted in 2010 so maybe that employee is not here this summer? idk.)

Delicious bagels, delicious cream cheese, and they DO NOT skimp on the cream cheese! You definitely get plenty of cream cheese. Mmmm!

SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're operating under new management this summer, and improving customer service is priority number one. We appreciate you noticing our efforts! This review will hang in the employee locker room for the rest of the summer as motivation.

Thanks again!