“Rainforest... really?”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Rainforest... really?”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Who woulda thunk there would be a rainforest in Alaska?? The educational experience was amazing, and the scenery was breathtaking. You will love it!

Visited July 2012
10 Thank Kristin B

• Polish first
Little Silver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“friendly”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Not only do you get an interesting perspective on a northern rain forest but you see the hard work that the owners have put into the gardens over the 30 years that they have been working on the garden. The tea and muffins at the end make the experience more like dropping in on friends and makes a nice ending to a long excursion day.

And the owner is very kind when one makes a mistake in entering a review. Green Angel is a fitting description of the total experience. Thanks,

Visited August 2012
10 Thank Bonnie K
Minnesota
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Amazing what the glaciers have created”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The glacier moving through this area left behind a beautiful rain forest with 50 kinds of moss and 50 kinds of Lichen, beautiful wild flowers, and amazing trees. There are stones along the trails showing you where the glacier was over the last 200 years. A great place to take pictures and explore the beauty that Alaska has to offer.

Visited June 2012
8 Thank thespottedtraveler
Alaska
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Alaska as it is”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Wonderful walk, the beauty of Alaska and you don't have to worry about snakes.

2 Thank alaskadaz
Smithfield, Rhode Island
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“One of my most memorable experiences in Alaska”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband was on a fishing excursion in Junea so I was on my own to do what I wanted to do! My choice was the Mendenall Glacier and the Juneau Rainforest Garden.
Although the glacier was beautfiul, the highlight ot the day trip was the Junear Rainforest Garden. It was a rainy day and I missed being with my husband, but I soon mingled with other tourists from our ship - and the rainy day turned out perfect. The rain did not matter in the rainforest - it almost made it better - more beautiful. I loved the rainforest, everything was perfect. The plants and flowers were so well maintained in their natural habitat and so beautiful. The atmosphere was almost mystical, so peaceful.
You walk around yourself observing all the trees & plants, all marked so you will be able to match up with the guide that is given to you. I hated for it to be over. If I was not with a
group I would have done it over and over! At the end of the walk, we had a snack ( a delicious homemade cookie) and a warm beverage. It was cool and rainy out so this
was perfect. The owners (Jane & Jeff) were there to give us a wonderful, interesting talk
on what we just experienced. They had a few items for sale - be sure to buy a figure made from rocks "the Inukshuk".

Please do not miss this beautiful site. I will never forget it; it made my trip to Alaska
something I will never forget.

Visited August 2011
25 Thank Samantha54115

Been to Juneau Rainforest Garden? Share your experiences!