“Wonderful Experience: Whale Watching”
Review of Juneau Whale Watch

$149.00*
Juneau Shore Excursion: Mendenhall Glacier, Whale-Watching Cruise and City Tour
$99.00*
and up
Juneau Shore Excursion: City and Mendenhall Glacier Tour with Seafood Lunch or...
Ranked #1 of 80 Tours in Juneau
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get the most out of your shore excursion in Juneau with our central port pick-up, flexible schedule at the Mendenhall Glacier Park and deluxe whale watching boats!
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a wonderful day whale watching with the crew at Juneau Whale Watch. They were as excited as we were when a whale was spotted, and they made sure that everyone got a chance to see the most that they could. They were knowledgeable and answered questions cheerfully and completely. We saw at least 4-5 humpback whales, not to mention lots of sea lions and bald eagles. I am pleased to be able to recommend Captain Ken, and Deckhands Tommy and Scot; it was a great trip and we had a blast! After whale watching, we went to beautiful Mendenhall Glacier on a self guided tour. My Alaskan cruise was awesome, and this trip was one of the stand outs.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,694)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We purchased the combo whale watch/Mendenhall Glacier tour, and it was a wonderful experience. The crew of the Dolphin was professional and courteous, and the captain went out of the his way to get us as close to the whales as was legally possible. We were fortunate to see two different whale pods the were very active - I must have taken over 200 photos! The two crew deckhands (Katie and Michelle) were informative and eager to help in any way, taking time to explain what was happening with the whales. We were served beverages and snacks at the end of the whale trip as an 'extra bonus'...nice touch! I would recommend that you consider this tour when you're in Juneau - we didn't book ahead of time on the cruise, and we did just fine purchasing from the vendor that was just ouside the dock.

3  Thank cana24
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went whale watching and visited the Mendenhall Glacier on June 14, 2013. I'm usually skeptical when a company guarantees that you will see any wildlife, especially whales, but my family and I were not disappointed. We saw several humpback whales and two of them actually jumped out of the water. We also saw 3 eagles. It was awesome! My hats off to Captain Ken, Scott, and Tommy. They provided an exceptional experience; one that I highly recommend. Hey Ken, Scott, and Tommy, I'll post some of my photos on Facebook when I return home.
Mervin David Turner

3  Thank MDTurner7
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This tour was supposed to be the highlight of our Alaska cruise (May, 2013) but even though we did have wonderful views of the mountain and scenery and even some wild animals, we did not get the change to really experience the whale watching attraction. There was a sighting but too far and hardly able to see but a bit of a whale or two. We were a bit disappointed but did enjoy the trip. They should not guarantee a whale sightings though.

2  Thank Sandyang
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just returned from an Alaskan cruise and stopped in Juneau on the way up to Anchorage and went to one of the booths Juneau whale watch, to book an afternoon trip. We were picked up by mini bus and taken to Auke bay and boarded a brand new small catamaran, there were about 25 of us on board good radio contact between various vessals advising where whales were. We saw several humpback whales and after about two hours we were returning to Auke bay when a mother and calf came close to the boat and the next thing the calf was leaping out of the water this went on for 10 minutes the most magical experience of my life. Tommy and Kenny were fantastic. the trip cost 110$ and was half the price of the ship and worth every penny. Angela

1  Thank 37AngieB

Been to Juneau Whale Watch? Share your experiences!